I find it interesting that the people who feel rejected the most often refuse to take the steps necessary to stop feeling rejected. Have you ever noticed that?
So what’s the deal? Is it because they enjoy being how they are? No, I don’t believe so. These same, precious people are the ones whose hearts are broken. They do not enjoy feeling rejected. They may not even be rejected in reality at all. Nevertheless, the whole reason they feel that way is because a spirit of rejection is hounding them. It never lets them out of its grip, so they always sense that rejection everywhere they go.
Likewise, I believe the reason that they so often don’t take the steps necessary to break through is because that same spirit of rejection wants to keep them isolated. It can be a vicious circle.
You may have noticed this in your own life. Maybe someone you know really does care about you and is trying to love on you. But you feel rejected everywhere you go, so you either avoid the people who really do love you, or you keep them at arm’s length.
It’s almost like the spirit of rejection becomes your pet:
- You would rather keep rejection around than let people truly love you.
- You refuse to let people who really do love you get close to you. You keep them at arm’s length.
- You also refuse to do the things that would set you free, once and for all, from rejection.
But it doesn’t have to be this way.
Things can change for you. Right now, today. Things can become different than they ever have been before.
Why? Because WHO YOU ARE is not rejected. The truth is that you are accepted in Christ Jesus. If you have made Jesus Christ the Lord of your life, then God Himself has accepted you. He has adopted you and made you His own.
REALITY is that you are Papa’s beloved child… even if you don’t feel like it. He planned your birth. He placed you on the earth for such a time as this, and you can walk in the reality of His acceptance everywhere you go and around everyone you encounter.
Don’t you want that reality?
Yes? Did you say yes?
Even in a whisper?
But maybe I wrote about those things too soon. Because there’s one burning issue you have to face head-on first. That issue is:
Are you willing to DO what it takes to break your allegiance to the spirit of rejection, and walk in your true identity as a beloved son?
This is the crux of the issue. You have to DECIDE. You have to decide to ACT. You have to decide that you’re not going to keep the nasty demon of rejection around anymore, as if it were your best friend. You have to acknowledge that you know God’s truth and you are going to do what it takes to experience it in your own life.
This is going to take ACTION.
- You have to renounce the spirit of rejection.
- You have to ask the Holy Spirit to fill you up where the spirit of rejection was.
- You will have to soak your mind in truth.
- You will have to listen to, read, and receive solid, Biblical teaching.
- You will have to pray about it, depend on the Holy Spirit for guidance, and ask the Lord to help you.
If you have allowed the accuser of the brethren to build a stronghold of wrong thinking in your mind, it’s going to take work to retrain your mind. You have to literally recondition your mind to dwell on the truth, instead of on the lies the enemy has planted therein.
You can break your allegiance to rejection today. But it takes a decision on your part.
Are you ready to make that decision? Do you want to be made well? Will you stop going around and around this same, dumb mountain?
Don’t let the spirit of rejection keep you rejected. Decide that you WILL have everything Jesus died for you to have, and you will live the abundant life Jesus came for you to live.
What will you decide today?
Helpful books on this subject on Amazon (affiliate links):
- Kindle: Everyone’s Guide to Demons & Spiritual Warfare: Simple, Powerful Tools for Outmaneuvering Satan in Your Daily Life by Dr. Ron Phillips
- Kindle: Healing the Orphan Spirit by Leif Hetland
This post is linked up at: