Hi friends! I hope you are doing well this week. The week has come in like a lion where I am, with a nice winter storm leaving everyone running for milk and bread. However, I’m excited anyway. This is my favorite time of year.
I wanted to look back a little bit at 2013, and talk with you a little bit about where I (currently) plan to go with it in 2014. I also have big news for 2014!
First, about 2013:
2013 was a great year. It was my first full year of blogging, and I am SO thankful to you for reading and participating in the discussion. THANK YOU!
In 2013, the Lord really blessed me and this blog. When I started cheating the church, He blessed it even more. Who would have thought? It’s amazing to see Him teach us and build our dreams little by little.
Before we get to the word about 2014, I want to share my top 10 most-popular blog posts from 2013, in case you missed any of them.
Here are my top 10 blog posts of 2013:
10. How God Set Me Free From Pornography, a guest post from my friend Samuel. This is a subject that impacts everyone, but most people are afraid to talk about it. I’m so thankful for my friend’s courageous testimony! (Check out my story about pornography for women in the follow-up post, Pornography Impacts Women Too.)
9. Understanding God’s Symbolic Language: Tattoo Interpretation #1. I netted some hate mail for tattoo interpretations, but it’s all good. Interpreting tattoos opened doors for me to share the love of Jesus with people who need it, and I plan to add more in 2014. (My post about Why Getting a Tattoo Is NOT a Sin was pretty popular too, coming in at thirteenth most popular.)
8. Dream Interpretation #2: Saving the Fishies One at a Time. Do you dream about fish? If so, is God saying something to you? Read it and see.
7. On Christian Witchcraft. My first viral post ever! What do you think of this subject?
6. How To Feel Like God Loves You: God’s Physical Touch. Can you feel God physically touching you? If not, this post will help you begin to cultivate that awareness.
5. The Solution to Fear: How God Delivered Me From Fear. If you struggle with fear, I can identify… but you can be free. God’s perfect love casts out fear. Read this post, and its follow-up post, to find out how you can be free from fear.
4. Confessions of an Unlikely Worship Leader: How To Live In An Open Heaven. Looking back, this post contains one of the most important messages I’ve ever written: you have an open heaven!
3. 21 Days To the Manifest Presence of God (the entire series), and especially Day One.
2. How To Pray for Those That Hate You. I wrote this after someone made it really clear that they hated me, in front of a lot of people. I hadn’t done anything to that person, and it made me so angry! It took several hours for me to stop seeing red. Apparently, other people deal with the same thing. I’m not sure if it’s good or bad that I’m not alone. 😉
1. 5 Ways to Ask God to Increase Your Prayer Life. The #1 post on my blog in 2013! Who would have thought? I am so glad the Holy Spirit is giving His people a desire to pray.
A note about 2014:
2014 is going to be an incredible year too. I’m believing God to continue blessing this blog as we share the good news of Jesus Christ together. Please continue to help me by reading and also sharing posts on social media. You would not believe how many people can be reached with one Facebook link! (And please help me grow the Facebook page by sharing it and asking your friends to “Like” it.)
My big news is this: In 2014, I plan to publish my first printed book.
The working title is “Unlocking the Secrets of the Father’s Heart: So You’ll Never Feel Rejected Again (and You’ll Always Fulfill Your Ministry).” I’ve been working like a dog on this manuscript, and I just made it to the editing stage this week. I’m stoked. This is THE most helpful and life-changing message that I believe Christians need today.
The book discusses:
- How to know and feel like you are a beloved son or daughter;
- Why you want a spiritual father, and how to find one; and
- How to fulfill your ministry by becoming a father yourself.
There’s more, but I don’t want to spoil it. You’ll be hearing more about this over the next few weeks, and I’ll be blogging about the subject of spiritual fatherhood and sonship a lot as well.
I also plan to add more dream interpretations, tattoo interpretations, and practical instruction about prophetic ministry.
That being said:
Is there a subject that you specifically want to hear about?
If so, I really want to know. I want to help and encourage you. So please comment on this post and let me know if there’s something you specifically want to see us talk about on this blog. (If you get these posts by email, you can also reply to this email, and I’ll get it.)
Thank you again for being so awesome, and for loving Jesus and His people with me. I hope that 2014 is the best year ever for you!