“Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]…” Ephesians 3:20 AMP
I’ve been reading Wendy Backlund’s book “Living from the Unseen” lately, and it is shaking up my thinking.
One of the things Ms. Backlund discusses in this book is that we can only receive from God what we believe we are worth.
If, therefore, we are not receiving from God what we desire to receive, we need to ask ourselves: “What lie I am believing that prevents me from receiving?”
I consider myself to be very blessed, and am truly grateful for all of the blessings God has given me. However, I am not yet walking in the full manifestation of all God’s promises. I haven’t received ‘exceeding abundantly above and beyond all I could ever dare to ask, hope, or think.’
AVAILABLE IN EBOOK OR PAPERBACK FORMAT!
Over Not Under: Financial Prosperity God’s Way
Do you want God to empower you to get wealth, as He promised in Deuteronomy 8:18? Then this book is for you!
Over Not Under will help you gain deep insight about God’s financial principles—and about how to activate His provision, blessing, and abundance in your life!
So I asked God to show me any areas where I have a core belief that prevents me from receiving the fullness of His blessing. When I did, a few questions came to mind:
- Do I neglect exercise because I truly don’t have time? Or do I actually have an inner belief that I’m going to gain weight as I get older, just like almost everybody else I know?
- Do I have a deep-down, inner belief that everybody else might become wealthy, but wealth won’t happen to me?
- Do I believe that, since I’m a forerunner, my path in life has to be difficult so I can prepare the way for others?
The Lord showed me that I’ve been believing things, deep down, in several areas that have been preventing me from walking in the fullness of blessing.
- I have believed that I truly don’t have time to exercise regularly, and that other women may be tiny and dainty, but not me.
- I have believed that, since I’ve come through several hard financial years recently, I had given up hope that my situation would become any better. I had resigned myself to believe that everyone else would be blessed abundantly, but Bruce and I would just have an average income.
- I have believed that, since I’m a forerunner, everything in my life has to be hard.
I have actually been believing that I’m not worth the fulfillment of God’s promises to me in these areas. Dear God, help me!
Pray PROPEL Over Your Destiny!
Using fun prayer acronyms can help you focus your prayers to cover a subject thoroughly! Read this powerful prayer guide and believe God to PROPEL you forward into everything He has for you!
Take a moment to peer into your own life. How much are you worth?
In what areas are you inwardly believing that you’re not worth God’s promises fulfilled?
Ask the Holy Spirit to show you what lies you are believing about those areas. Then, after He has shown you some things, let’s change those areas. How? We receive God’s promises by faith, which comes by hearing, which comes by the Word of God.
In Christ, you are worthy to receive all of God’s promises fulfilled.
To see real change in our lives, we look to the Word for what the real truth is, and then we will speak it over ourselves so we can hear it. By doing so, we will replace negative thought patterns with the truth of God’s Word. We will develop faith in God’s promises–in God Himself–instead of faith in a lie.
Luke 6:45 (NKJV) says: “A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.”
I challenge you to decide with me to start bringing forth good treasure out of your heart. Find a promise in the Bible that will counteract the lie you’ve been believing, and start to speak it over yourself.
Here are the declarations I have started with:
- “In Christ, I have been made worthy to receive every good thing from the Lord.” (Based on Romans 8:17 and Psalm 84:11.)
- “God’s grace flows abundantly in my life and makes even the tough things easy and fun.”
- “I receive more favor today than I’ve ever received in my life!”
I started to see the blessings flow as soon as I began speaking these truths over myself.
How about you? You are worth the fulfillment of all God’s promises. What’s hindering you from receiving? What truth is the Lord showing you that you need to start speaking over yourself?