Hey everybody, here’s what you need to know if you registered for the retreat. Note that registration is CLOSED now, so this only applies to people who already registered.
First, be prayed up.
I can teach you about inner healing, but whether you heal or not depends on how much you submit to God. Do yourself a favor and be prayed up, fasted up, ready, and willing to obey God’s Word in every area as you walk through the healing process!
Ask the Lord also to give you eyes to see, ears to hear, and a nose to smell His fragrance.
Please pray also for everyone else at the retreat; for the facility; for the equipment, for the supplies we’ll be using, etc.
I would also ask you to pray earnestly for me and my team. For me, pray that I will have strength, stamina, and voice to preach. I’ll be preaching three days solid, and that’s a lot. It’s totally doable, but I need God’s grace and strength.
Please also pray that the Lord would help our team to hear God clearly as we all prophesy and minister to you.
- Location: Johnston Woods Retreat Center, 298 Brymer Creek Road, McDonald, Tennessee 37353.
- Dates: Sunday, September 9, 2:00 PM through Wednesday, September 12, 1:00 PM.
- Meals will be provided from Sunday DINNER (eat lunch on Sunday before you arrive) through Wednesday lunch.
- Volunteers need to arrive at 1:00 PM on Sunday to set up.
- Registration begins on Sunday at 2:00 PM.
You will be required to sign a liability waiver when you arrive at the retreat, releasing both Johnston Woods Retreat Center, the church that owns it, and From His Presence, Inc. from all liability if you are injured at the event. This waiver is required for attendance.
Remember that this is an event at a retreat center in the woods. Walk carefully, avoid allergens if you’re allergic to things, avoid wildlife, and stay safe.
Personal prophetic appointments will begin at 2:00 PM Sunday. We will funnel you into your personal prophetic appointment in the order you arrive. Your appointment may be on Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday, depending on when you arrive.
Orientation will begin at 5:00 PM Sunday.
Please arrive as close to 2 PM as possible, but definitely before orientation begins if possible.
Breakfast each day will be at 8:00 AM. Teaching will begin at 9:00 AM and will continue throughout the day into the evening, until approximately 8:30 or 9 PM. We will have some breaks for fun, for ministry, and for meals.
Remember that the barracks are very simple: twin beds in an open space with one shared bathroom per cabin/barracks area. That means:
- No bedrooms exist. Don’t ask.
- No special accommodations exist.
- Some people may be on a top bunk. (We won’t ask our senior saints to crawl to the top bunk, don’t worry.)
- The only private spaces in the cabins are if you are in the bathroom. 🙂
Sheets, a blanket, a pillow, and one towel will be provided for each person in your cabin. Hang your towel after you use it so you can use it again the next day.
The cabins do NOT have soap, shampoo, toothpaste, hair dryers, or any personal hygiene items.
What to bring:
- A great attitude.
- Humility and willingness to obey God.
- Humility and willingness to go with the flow.
- A pre-determined plan for arriving at Johnston Woods from your airport of choice;
- A pre-determined plan for getting back to your airport of choice FROM Johnston Woods when the retreat is over (we cannot provide any transfers or travel arrangements);
- Your Bible;
- A journal;
- Any medical devices you require (such as a CPAP machine);
- A small household extension cord for your medical device if you need one (in case your bed isn’t near an electrical outlet, etc).
- Comfortable clothing (no need to be fancy);
- Comfortable shoes;
- Bug spray if you plan on doing any hiking;
- A phone charger;
- Your medications;
- Your toiletries (including soap and shampoo);
- All other personal hygiene items.
- I pray it won’t rain, but if it does, you may want an umbrella. The cabins are quite close to the lodge, but you will get wet walking between the cabins and lodge if it rains and you don’t have an umbrella.
- Special snacks if you need any. We are doing our best to accommodate meal needs in the cafeteria, but if you have special needs, you might want to bring a few snacks that you know you can eat in case you don’t like something that’s served.
Lord willing and weather permitting, we will be baptizing those who want to be baptized in the lake. We will baptize both backward (the believer’s baptism) and forward (the prophetic baptism into your future). If you want to be baptized, bring an extra set of clothes–t-shirt and shorts, NOT a swimsuit–that you don’t mind getting wet. Also, bring a towel for baptism if you wish; you won’t want to use your shower towel for lake water.
What to leave at home:
- Perfumes and essential oils. We have people with allergies to these things, so please be kind and leave them at home.
- Musical instruments. No, you cannot play your own tambourine, drums, or any other kind of musical instruments.
If you enjoy worshipping with flags, you may bring flags/streamers, but you will need to use them in a side area during worship–not near other people–to prevent anyone being injured or distracted from their own worship.
We also ask that you do not try to minister to others.
We have a powerful ministry team who will be ministering at this retreat. Even if you feel like you have a word for someone, know that people are not always comfortable just receiving ministry or being touched by people they don’t know. So make friends and have fun, but leave the ministry to the ministry team for this one, okay?
This retreat is going to be powerful.
We have been praying earnestly, and I know God is going to move dramatically in your lives. He always watches over His Word to perform it, and we’ll be teaching a huge dose of WORD at this event. I’m really looking forward to it, and looking forward to meeting you and hugging you all. So, get here quick! Pray up and look forward to an amazing time in the presence of the Lord!
See you soon.