Sister, is your husband cheating on you? If so, I want to help you pray today with a powerful, Biblical, spiritual warfare prayer for a cheating husband to STOP his adultery.
I receive many emails, week in and week out, from wives whose husbands are caught in adultery.
Usually, these wives are praying hard for their husbands to come back home. I always pray for every family and every marriage when I receive these emails, but I want to equip you to pray with power over these situations yourself as well.
I've written this prayer against infidelity in marriage from the wife's standpoint.
Why? Because the majority of requests I receive are from wives. Also, men and women are created differently, so this prayer is written to pray specifically for men.
However, if you're a man reading this and you're looking to pray for a cheating wife, you can still use this prayer. Just change it where the Lord leads you based on a woman's needs and using the female pronoun, okay? I may also try to write a prayer for cheating wives later on, to help the brothers among us. 🙂
My friend, if your husband is in an adulterous affair–and IF you want him to come home rather than wanting a divorce–then pray this prayer for your husband to stop cheating:
“Father God, I come to you in Jesus' name. Father, I thank You today that You are alive and hearing me pray. I thank You for sending Your Son Jesus to come to earth, live a perfect life, and die for me just to save me from sin.
I thank You that Jesus is alive and resurrected, sitting at Your right hand, where He ever lives to make intercession for me and my husband.
Father, before I proceed with this prayer for my husband and marriage:
I first want to acknowledge that I don't know what to pray for as I ought to–or how to offer it worthily to You, as I ought to.
But Lord, Your Word says (Romans 8:26-27) that Holy Spirit will intercede for me and through me with moanings and groanings which cannot be uttered; and You who search the hearts know what the mind of the Spirit is, for He makes intercession for the saints–for me–according to Your perfect will.
So Father God, before I pray for anything else, I ask that Holy Spirit would pray through me right now.Father, I pray that Holy Spirit would make intercession for me right now with those moanings and groanings which cannot be uttered. I pray also that You who search the hearts would know what the mind of the Spirit is, for He makes intercession for me according to Your will.
I invite You to pray both through me and for me right now, Holy Spirit, in Jesus' name; and I thank You for doing this and for helping me pray.
Abba Father, You know why I am pouring out my heart to You today.
I come to you on behalf of my husband, Lord, and lifting up my marriage to You. Father, You see what (insert husband's name) is doing. You see that he is (insert what he is doing here).
Lord, Your Word says that You have given us free will. My husband is free to make his own choices. However, Lord, You have also said that he will be bound in sin until You save Him–and that I can pray and You will move.
Father, I acknowledge that Your Word says I am not bound to my husband since he has broken our marriage vows with adultery.
However, Father, I also believe that You have given me the love I have for this man, and I believe that You have called me to pray for my husband's return to our home–and to our children–instead of leaving him.
Father, I have authority to pray for my husband because we are one flesh.
Lord, I lift up Your Word to you from Ephesians 5:31, which says:
“For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.”
Father, my husband and I are one flesh based on Your Word. We have been united in the bounds of holy matrimony, and we are one. And since we are one flesh, this means that praying for my husband is the same as me praying for myself. We are one.
So Father, I stand in authority today over my flesh–which includes my husband–and I execute judgment upon my flesh and over my husband according to Your word.
Your Word says that I may bind things on earth that are already bound in Heaven, Lord; and I may loose things on earth that are already loosed in Heaven (Matthew 18:18). Your Word says that I am to pray, decree, and command Your Kingdom to come and Your will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven (Matthew 6:8-13).
Therefore, Lord, I stand before You today in governance over my life and over my husband's life, for we are one flesh; and I am here to decree and declare Your Word over our situation. I expect You to move on my behalf as I do this, Lord, for I believe and know that You have been waiting for this prayer of mine in order to move on my behalf, stop my husband's adultery, and bring him home in his right mind.
So this is what I decree and declare over my husband, over myself, and over our marriage, Lord:
I decree that there will be no more cheating or adultery in our marriage, from this time forth and forevermore. I bind cheating, lust, adultery, the lust of the flesh, the pride of life, and the lust of the eyes off my husband, off myself, and off our marriage, right now in Jesus' name.
I stand in governance over my husband's body right now, Lord, which is my body; and I declare and decree that we are not physically capable of cheating on one another any longer. If we even try to cheat after this very moment as I am uttering these words, You will keep and prevent our bodies from making any movements, thoughts, or actions that are adulterous and unholy.
Father, I stand in the authority of Your Word, which says in Matthew 5:27-30:
“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell” (Matthew 5:27-30).
Father God, I ask right now that:
- Because my husband's eyesight for other women is causing him to sin, I ask that You would protect his literal eyes and eyesight but You would utterly remove his ability to notice or see other women in a sexual way.
- Because my husband's sex drive is driving him right into hell–as Your Word says that adulterers and fornicators will not inherit the Kingdom of God (Galatians 5:19-21)–then I ask You to remove his sex drive from him completely in every way that it is inspiring him to sin.
- Because my husband's body is my own, I forbid it to function sexually outside our marriage bed. I ask You to enforce this right now, Lord, and send angels to enforce it as well, in Jesus' name. I declare and decree that my husband's body may only function sexually within the boundaries of our marriage.
- Because my husband's brain is part of his body–which is my own–then I forbid my husband's brain to think thoughts of adultery, fornication, and lust. I declare and decree that my husband thinks thoughts of purity and holiness–the thoughts of Christ.
And because the attraction my husband is experiencing to the other woman is sinful:
- I ask that You would BREAK it off him right now in Jesus name. (Note: When you say “BREAK,” clap your hands at the same time you say the word “break.”) Let every other woman, other than myself as my husband's wife, be completely unattractive and unappealing in any sexual way in my husband's sight.
- I BREAK (clap) every ungodly soul tie off my husband and myself RIGHT NOW in Jesus' name.
- I bind my husband and myself to Jesus Christ, our Bridegroom.
- I send every part of every person that my husband and I have had sexual contact with BACK to those people in Jesus' name, washed in His blood.
- I call back to myself and to my husband every part of ourselves that is currently with anyone else, washed in the blood of Jesus.
- I BREAK (clap) and cut off every outside interference in our marriage NOW with the blood of Jesus, and I decree that my husband and I are healed and whole, complete and perfect and wholly one with Christ Jesus and with each other, with no outside interference.
Father God, I plead the blood of Jesus:
- over my husband's body, soul, and spirit;
- over my body, soul, and spirit;
- over our thoughts, imaginings, and perceptions;
- over our desires;
- over our memories;
- over our marriage; and
- over our family.
Our family is the healed of the Lord!
Lord, I declare and decree Your word over my husband, which is that:
- My husband has the mind of Christ. He thinks the thoughts of Christ, does the deeds of Christ, and speaks the words of Christ. Lord, let the thoughts of Christ, deeds of Christ, words of Christ, and mind of Christ be manifest in everything my husband does and says, starting right now, in Jesus' name.
- My husband remembers the wife of his youth–me–and lets my body satisfy him at all times. My husband finds me beautiful and his needs for visual and sexual stimulation are completely fulfilled by me, his covenant wife, at all times.
- My husband loves righteousness and hates lawlessness.
- My husband walks in holiness and purity, without which no one shall see the Lord.
- My husband hears Your voice behind him, saying, ‘This is the way; walk in it;' and he ALWAYS obeys You and never turns to the right or to the left.
- My husband actively and aggressively hides Your Word in his heart, that he might not sin against You. He is a man of the Word and of prayer, and he memorizes Scripture and meditates on it, being a doer of the Word and not a hearer only, night and day.
- Sin is extremely repulsive to my husband at all times, and righteousness is extremely attractive to him at all times.
- My husband is not under the influence of witchcraft, manipulation, seduction, or control; but instead MY HUSBAND is filled with the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus.
- My husband walks in the Spirit, and he does not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.
Father, Your Holy Spirit is He who convicts of sin, righteousness, and judgment. So I ask right now, in Jesus' name, that Holy Spirit would:
- Convict my husband of his sin by revealing to him the UGLINESS and ENORMITY of what he is doing right now. Show him how repulsive his adultery is to You.
- Convict my husband of righteousness by showing him Jesus, in all of Jesus' blazing glory. Reveal Jesus to him right now, no matter where my husband is. Show him what righteousness really looks like in the Person of Jesus.
- Convict him of judgment by showing him that there is no hope and no future in his sin. Show him what will happen to him, to me, and to our family if he continues in his sin. Show him that he will be eternally lost and damned to hell, for Your Word says that he cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. Show him that the devil is judged, and that his sin comes from the devil.
And Father, as Your Holy Spirit convicts my husband of sin, righteousness, and judgment, SAVE HIM.
Draw him to Yourself. Shower him with Your goodness, which brings men to repentance (Romans 2:4). Make him the husband and the man of God that You have ordained him and created him to be, and disciple him personally as You do this.
Father, I pray that my husband would sense Your love and affection right now, and that You would draw him.
Lord, Your Word says that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8). Your Word also says that no man can come to Jesus unless You, Abba Father, draw him, as Jesus told us in John 6:44:
“No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.”
So Father, because You made provision for our salvation before we even knew of You–and because You are the one with the power to draw us back to Yourself–then draw my husband to You. Save him radically and fill him with Your Holy Spirit.
Father, give my husband the gift of true repentance.
Let him see the way he is going and TURN AROUND, going the other way completely and NEVER turning back into the path of sin. Let him enter Your Kingdom through Your narrow gate and walk in Your narrow way, which leads to life.
Father, in Jesus' name, I thank You for healing my marriage.
Let total and complete forgiveness flow between my husband and I. Let us hear wise counsel, and deliver us from any unwise, unholy counsellors. I ask that You would get us into counseling with the right, Spirit-filled counselor who can help us navigate this path of restoration.
Lord, please help us to have the conversations You desire us to have at the right time, and I bind off any words or conversations that are not from You. I loose godly and holy conversations, words of love, and words of forgiveness between my husband and I and our children.
I also loose Your mighty love to flow through my husband and I–and through our marriage–like a river. I thank You for stopping my husband's adultery right now, in Jesus' name, and for restoring our marriage.
Father, bring my husband home in his right mind.
If he has to hit the lowest rock-bottom in order to listen to you, then bring him to his lowest rock-bottom. But while he's there, Father, and on the way, keep him safe. Remove every ungodly influence from him and hedge him in behind and before. Lay Your hand upon him.
Abba Father, please fill my husband with Your Spirit of Elijah.
Turn his heart back to his children, and even back to his parents as well. Turn our children's hearts back to him with Your Spirit of Elijah as well. Unite our family under the covering of the blood of Jesus. Heal us, help us, and make our family whole again.
Father, thank You for hearing and answering my prayer.
Because Your Word says that, if I ask anything in the name of Jesus, then it will be done for me, I thank You for doing everything for me that I have asked in this prayer. I ask also that You would show me every single answer to this prayer as You work, both gradually and suddenly, along the way.
And finally, I ask that You would move immediately in this situation, Lord.
Thank You for doing so. Thank You for hearing me, for loving me, and for taking care of me. Thank You in advance for healing and restoring our family, for it is done in the name of Jesus by Your Word and by Your breath, which is breathing Your Spirit into my husband right now.
Thank You, Abba Father, for breaking the adultery off my husband.
Thank You for healing our marriage, and for bringing him home to Your glory. I give You all the glory and all the praise.
In Jesus' name, amen.”
My beloved sister, if this prayer for a cheating husband helped you, please leave a comment below and give God praise. Never fear: His Word shall NOT return to Him void! Keep praying, and keep giving our Father in Heaven all the praise!