I’ve received some questions lately about whether or not I support Israel, and whether or not I believe Christianity has Jewish roots.
The quick answer is: YES.
In a nutshell, I believe (and everyone involved in this ministry’s staff and board believes) that the Jewish people are God’s covenant people, and that the Gentile church is grafted into God’s original covenant with Abraham through the blood of Jesus Christ. This is what the Bible says, particularly in the book of Romans.
Related: Read our statement of faith here.
We also fully support the nation of Israel. We believe that he who curses Israel brings a curse upon himself, but he who blesses Israel brings blessings upon himself.
As it says in Genesis 12:1-3:
“Now the Lord had said to Abram: ‘Get out of your country, from your family and from your father’s house, to a land that I will show you.
I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing.
I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed'” (Genesis 12:1-3).
If you’d like to explore this topic further, I have listed all the blog posts below that we have on this blog about Israel and the Jewish roots of our Christian faith. Please explore them and pray with us for the peace of Jerusalem!
- Why I Support Israel (and 8 Ways You Can Too)
- Your Eight-Fold Inheritance In Israel
- Break This Curse Off Your Life and Finances
- My 3 Favorite Ways to Use a Tallit
- Prayer for the Peace of Jerusalem
- Time to Celebrate the Feast of Weeks (Shauvot)–PENTECOST!
- Not Just for Jews: The Feast of Hanukkah
- Not Just for Jews: Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread
- Not Just for Jews: Joy and Fun Celebrating the Feast of Tabernacles
- From 2015 but still important: Special Report on PM Netanyahu’s Visit to America
- PM Netanyahu’s Prophetic Message to America