Have you been struggling lately because your plans and shortcuts haven’t worked out the way you hoped? If so, I have an encouraging word for you: prepare to come back to the house of bread!
The Lord showed me a picture this morning of where you’ve been and where He’s carrying you now. Here’s what He showed me:
You went from the house of bread down into God’s washpot–a place that’s not popular, not cool, not kosher, not all clean and gorgeous, and where bad things have happened. You didn’t think you’d ever have to go there because you’re a king! But, God Himself took you there.
While you were there, you became intimately acquainted with sickness, pining, destruction, loss, and failure. However, God used these things to clean you up and draw you to Himself–even if you haven’t seen His plan for your detour yet.
And because Jesus died to bring you to total victory, He wants you to know today:
- Prepare for the journey back into the house of bread.
- Be sure to leave rebellion behind and submit to God’s process.
- As you do, you’ll experience the presence of Jesus as your Friend that sticks closer than a brother.
The Lord is bringing you back to the house of bread, and your bread will not fail in this new place.
Because you are stepping out on a journey, you’ll want to be prepared. “Being prepared” looks like:
- Travel light. Don’t carry offenses with you to this new place. Be sure to forgive every offense from the last season, and forgive everyone who hurt you.
- Listen closely and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. Where you are going, you have not traveled before.
- The Word of God will guide you. Pay attention to “jumping words” that seem to leap off the pages of Scripture as you spend time alone with God each day.
The house of bread you are coming to will be different than the one you left.
You won’t live in the same place. You won’t eat the same food, and you won’t receive that food in the same way.
But this house of bread will be better, richer, and you’ll have more favor.
You will also receive new, divinely-appointed connections in this house of bread.
You will receive unexpected and unmerited favor. You will be cared for on every side. You aren’t used to this level of favor and provision, and your provision will be a daily thing. Nevertheless, your bread will not fail, and what you have sown will not fail to bear fruit.
Press into Jesus closer than ever before.
You will not know where to go and what to do without listening closely to His voice. However, as you tune your ear in to seek Him, He will bring you out of the cave of darkness and into the daylight where all will see the mighty works He has done.
Prepare to come back to the house of bread!
Does this message resonate in your heart? If so, please leave a comment below! I’d love to hear what the Lord is speaking to you!