Dear frustrated one,
Have you been feeling so frustrated that darkness seems to be closing in from every side? Do you feel like the opportunity you have to do what you're called to do has been cut off? Are you struggling with feelings like depression because of it?
If so, I have a WORD from on high for you today!
Here's what the Lord showed me:
The Lord showed me that there are people who should be able to do what you're called to do, but you've been in a battle to actually DO these things. You have the know-how. You have the chance. But hindrances keep coming up against you, seemingly every day, and preventing you from actually EXECUTING on the work of your ministry–the work for which you were created.
Because of this, things have been very dark for you:
- You know you aren't depressed in the medical sense of the word; but yet, you wonder if you are, because you feel the same feelings on days when you aren't able to carry out your calling.
- Yet, you feel fine–motivated and happy–on those days when you DO get to do what you are called to do.
- You feel frustrated and bleak if you don't get to walk in your calling.
- The non-functioning days have happened so often, and the stress has gotten to you so much, that you have frozen and shut down, checking out of things that you used to be engaged in.
- On those non-functioning days, you just want to pass the time until you can be out of your misery.
And yet, you know this is situational–not a mental illness.
If you are one of the ones this word is for, the enemy has been telling you that you're dealing with mental illness. However, you've come too far with the Lord to believe the enemy–even though things are really, really hard right now.
Beloved, if that's you, know this:
The frustration you're experiencing is because the flow of God's anointing is stopped up in you and has no release.
The Lord has anointed and called you to do a particular thing, and the anointing in you is stronger than you know. However, the Spirit of the Lord always FLOWS. He is always moving; always progressing; always pushing. And when He flows into you but is not able to flow OUT of you in the way He is trying to move THROUGH you, you feel like you are constantly hitting a brick wall …
… because Holy Spirit in you is hitting a brick wall …
… because the only life you have is the life of Christ Jesus, by His Spirit who lives inside you AND is flowing through you in power.
The frustration you feel is not just you; it's the frustration of the Spirit.
It is physically impossible for you to hold all the anointing of the Lord inside you and be healthy. His power is unspeakable; His strength is matchless; His fervor is unquenchable. His passion for His Kingdom and His glory burns hotter than a thousand volcanoes.
And yet, you've been holding all that power inside you–through no fault of your own, but holding it inside you nevertheless–and thinking that you can be healthy that way.
But you can't.
You cannot hold a nuclear bomb inside your body and remain healthy.
- You cannot force all the water from a fire hose down your throat, even if you're thirsty.
- You cannot look at the light of one sun, let alone a thousand suns, and not have that kind of light destroy you.
- And likewise, you cannot contain the anointing of the precious Holy Spirit of God inside yourself and think that it will not destroy you.
Uzzah touched the glory of God–against God's instructions–and the sheer power killed him. He was electrocuted. (See this article for more about a 1933 study about that.) It wasn't God's will for Uzzah to die; God had warned them how to stay ALIVE! But Uzzah chose to disobey, and the physical power of God that he encountered overpowered his body.
Beloved, you have been meaning well, but you have to pull out all the stops now.
The darkness is frustration, not depression. The frustration you feel is the physical pressure of the anointing flowing into you, but having no way to flow out. The pain in your mind is from the corralling of the anointing; the anointing is too strong for you if it's cooped up.
My friend, I believe the Lord showed me that there are decisions you haven't wanted to make, but God is waiting for you to make them. It's time to pull out all the stops. Stop feeling like the solution you have been waiting for is the only solution. Look into ALL the solutions, and see which one GOD opens for you.
You will know immediately which solution the Lord is breathing on.
The right solution will bring you peace (Colossians 3:15). It will bring unity within your family. Doors will open up for you, beginning the moment when you touch on THE LORD's solution.
I hear the Lord saying:
“The open doors will be small at first, but praise Me for each one:
- Praise Me for each time I helped you;
- for each time I sent you help;
- for each time I brought unity instead of division;
- for each occasion upon which I saved you time.
- Praise Me for every financial breakthrough and every courteous response to sensitive conversations.
Praise Me in the storm, for you are sailing on the winds of My Spirit through the walls of the storm and out of the frustration of My Spirit.”
Beloved, you've been feeling blackness, but that blackness isn't true blackness. It's frustration; the frustration of the Spirit of the Lord as He is knocking against the walls of your body and life–from the INSIDE–and desperate to express Himself in the ways He created for you.
When you see this, you will suddenly know that the urge to press forward is for His benefit as well as yours. Neither of you–neither you nor the Spirit of God–want to continue like this. Do what you have to do (within the bounds of the written Word of God–the Bible–of course). Pull out all the stops. Make the sacrifices you have to make.
The frustration you've been feeling is not from Him, and He's as desperate to move through you in the area of your calling as you are.
Work with the Lord! Together, you can get Him out and let Him loose!
Does this word speak to your heart today? If so, please leave a comment below!