This is what I see about what God is doing in the spirit realm right now:
It's about foundations. He's building, and in some cases rebuilding and/or shoring up, the foundation of your life.
If you're a new believer, He's building your foundation. This means:
- He's teaching you that you CAN make godly decisions and that you DO know how to make godly decisions.
- He's teaching you, one step at a time, how to stand on your own two feet.
- He's teaching you that His grace truly is sufficient for you (2 Corinthians 12:9).
- He's teaching you that the anointing of the Holy Spirit in you truly does teach you all things (1 John 2:27).
- He's teaching you what it means to seek Him.
- He's teaching you how to manage your schedule so that you can seek Him first on a daily basis. (And if you will, you're learning that He'll make every other part of your day fall into place perfectly.)
If you're a more mature believer, He's rebuilding and shoring up your foundation. In some cases, He's extending your foundation as well, in preparation for adding onto the house of your life.
- He's reminding you to seek Him first.
- If you're like me, He's probably challenging you to examine your decisions and priorities to seek Him first again, in a new way.
- He's getting you back on track with essential parts of wise, successful, godly living, such as setting goals and managing your schedule.
- He's setting up foundational relationships for the next part of your life and ministry.
- He may also be bringing you into what feels like a forced period of rest. Don't worry about the “forced” part. Sometimes it's God's sweet mercy. 🙂 Just embrace the rest and seek Him. He's setting you up for the next thing.
Related: Read my story about my forced period of rest here, in my series “Rest In God, Reach Your Destiny.”
I'm reminded of this Scripture:
Enlarge the place of your tent, and let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings;
Do not spare; lengthen your cords, and strengthen your stakes.
For you shall expand to the right and to the left, and your descendants will inherit the nations, and make the desolate cities inhabited” (Isaiah 54:2-3).
There is always a time of preparation before God expands your life. I believe we are in such a time right now.
It's a time when, brick by brick, God is laying the foundation of your life. Sometimes that means He allows a stripping away, so He can rebuild things–or so He can launch you into promotion. Sometimes it's simply a time of rest.
You are God's workmanship; His building.
He knows exactly what He's doing in your life, and His work in you right now is an essential part of your destiny and relationship with Him. He's about to bring you into awesome things, and right now is the preparatory season for the next thing in your life.
So my question for you today is: Are you ready for the next brick in your foundation?
- If He's bringing you into a period of rest, will you cooperate? Will you slow down and rest so He can accomplish His purposes for you in this time?
- If He's teaching you how to routinely make godly decisions, will you choose to respond His way today when you face a difficult situation?
- If He's speaking to you about your schedule, will you ask Him for the schedule He wants you to operate by, and do what He says?
In my personal life, I've been off-track with my schedule and intentional choices for several months. I've been living by putting out fires, rather than setting goals and making intentional decisions. My time-management hasn't been corresponding to my priorities, which is a recipe for stress any day.
So yesterday, the Lord led me to spend some time writing down goals for this week and next week, re-visiting where I'm at in several areas of life, and getting my schedule back in order. (I used the forms and tools in my downloadable Arise, Shine! Vision Retreat Handbook, which I highly recommend.) 🙂 It only took about 30 minutes, but I felt like a new person after I was done. Why? Because managing my schedule and making written goals is a huge part of powerful living, and God was shoring up my foundation so I'd be ready for the new things He's about to bring me into.
Whatever your personal situation is, God may also be speaking to you about decisions to make, priorities to rearrange, and how to live intentionally.
God is building the foundation of your life right now. This is an opportune, special moment, filled with promise. He is restoring or building the skills, habits, and relationships in your life (most importantly, your relationship with Him) that you need to live a prosperous, anointed, powerful life of intimacy with Him and others.
So will you jump in with both feet, obey, seek Him first, and let Him have His way? If so, I believe you'll be very glad you did.
Does this message resonate with you today? Do you sense God building the foundation of your life right now? If so, please let me know in the comments below. I'd love to hear from you!
Image courtesy of Scott Lewis on Flickr via Creative Commons license. Image has been cropped and graphics added.