If you’re in the middle of contending for your breakthrough, you might wonder how to tell when your breakthrough is imminent. Funny thing, that … because it’s usually when things look and feel their absolute WORST that your breakthrough is about to come.
In case it encourages you, here are 12 signs your breakthrough is imminent:
1. You see ZERO evidence of your breakthrough actually happening, but you refuse to waver in your faith. You decide you are GOING to believe God no matter what … so you do.
2. The pressure you’re under feels like you will not be able to live another day if it doesn’t let up. Instead of complaining, you go the Lord in travail and pray carefully for breakthrough in every aspect of your situation.
3. You don’t feel like spending time with the Lord at all, but you purposefully decide to get up earlier–or make other time in inconvenient ways–so you can both seek Him first AND spend more time with Him than you usually would. Just to fight back against the enemy.
4. Your emotions try to carry you away, but you refuse to go. You stubbornly set your eyes on Jesus and begin thanking Him instead. Each time you overcome one emotional temptation, the enemy throws another one at you. It’s hard fighting, but you fight anyway and refuse to give in to his temptations.
5. You’re so upset, sad, angry, and discouraged that you count the minutes until the day is over. But, you decide to rest in God and trust Him. You confess your faith, thank Him, and do something restful and fun just to enjoy your day and get your mind off it.
6. You decide on purpose to speak God’s Word out of your mouth verbally, even when your feelings seem like the opposite of what God said.
7. You are tempted to tell your friends how sad/mad/angry/hopeless you feel.
But, you don’t. Instead, you shut your lips tight and refuse to give credence to the enemy by doing so. You recognize full well that you’re in a fight for your life, and you don’t want to speak words that would oppose your faith.
8. You’re tempted to confess things that go outside what you’re believing God for. You refuse to do it, and you seal your lips tight except for confessing your faith in God.
9. You suddenly feel angry about old things that people have done to you. You recognize this anger as being soulish, and you decide–through tears and maybe even fury–to worship God instead.
10. You feel starved for affection, even though you’re around people who love you. Instead of chewing out the person/people you feel should love you, you submit your craving for affection to Jesus and ask Holy Spirit to comfort and encourage you. Even if you have to do it through tears.
11. You see someone else get the thing YOU have been working for, bleeding for, and pleading with God for.
You momentarily feel tempted to be jealous, but you recognize that jealousy as being an attack of the enemy. You congratulate the other person instead, and you mean every word. Then, you go to the Lord, put your proverbial face between your knees, and pray again for Father to bless you with the same thing.
12. You do pray for God to deliver you and honor you, but you pray even more that He would draw you close to Himself and make you like Jesus. You really mean those prayers, too.
All these temptations are desperate attempts by the enemy to derail you from something big that is coming.
Overcoming all these temptations is a sure sign of character growth, which is the purpose of every test and trial the Lord allows to enter your life.
Beloved, if these 12 things describe you, your breakthrough may be ahead.
As a matter of fact, it may happen today. Look up! Look at Jesus! Keep your eyes on Jesus, for your redemption draws near!
Do you see any of these 12 signs in your own life? If so, please leave a comment below and give Jesus glory for the breakthrough He is bringing you!