Try this to help yourself gain an awareness of God’s presence with you today:
Look for things to thank God for all day long. Then, thank Him for each one as you find it.
For example, you could say:
- Thank You, Father, for helping that conversation go well!
- Thank You, Father, for helping me get that task finished!
- Thank You, Father, for that great breakfast!
- Thank You, Father, for my job today!
- Thank You, Father, for my spouse who is so sweet to me!
As you turn your thoughts toward God even during your daily routine, you will become like the Psalmist, who blessed the Lord “seven times a day and all day long.” Thanking God all day long will help you recognize Him at work on your behalf all day, which will in turn increase your awareness of His presence with you!
Did you try it? Leave a comment and tell me how it worked!