A couple of reminders:
This is a very simple series; I am not expounding on each Scripture very much, except through a bullet-point list to share some prayer pointers. I also am not writing out sample prayers, as I believe the Lord wants you to exercise your prayer muscles and make these Scriptures your own vocabulary for prayer.
But, even though it’s a simple series, I believe it’s a POWERFUL one … and I want to hear your testimonies as the Lord answers your prayers, okay?
And now, for Day 18 of 21 Days of Breakthrough Prayer:
Our Scripture for Day 18 is Luke 12:29-32, which says:
And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things.
But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you.
Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom” (Luke 12:29-32).
Before you pray, notice this:
First John 4:18 tells us that it’s God’s perfect love that casts out fear. Because of this, we can deduce that Jesus commanded us not to fear because we have the perfect love of Father God. (Otherwise, fear would be our portion–not the lack thereof.)
Then, Jesus ties the command not to fear–which is possible only because we have Father’s perfect love–to the fact that Father loves to give us the Kingdom. In other words, He’s saying, “Father God loves you, so it makes Him happy to give you everything–the entire Kingdom” (Jamie’s authorized-by-herself paraphrase). 🙂
Okay, so Father gives because He loves.
Sound familiar? I hope so. These words of Jesus are breakthrough words.
Remember these words too:
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son …” (John 3:16).
“Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called children of God” (1 John 3:1).
Father gives because He loves. His giving automatically comes with His love. So if you have the revelation that you are loved, add to that the knowledge that Father God gives because He loves.
He just can’t help Himself. The same way you love to give to your children–just to warm their heart–and the same way you’d never see your children lacking for anything if you can help it–Father loves to give the same way.
The difference is that your capacity to give to your children is finite. Some things, you can help; but other things, you cannot.
But Papa God never has that problem.
Everything in Heaven and earth is His, and all power is His. There is absolutely nothing He can’t do, and absolutely nothing He won’t do either. He’ll give you everything and anything that’s good …
… just because He loves you.
Fear not, little flock. It is the Father’s good pleasure to give you the Kingdom.
Pray along these points:
- Repent to the Lord for every time you have focused on and worried about trying to provide your own basic needs, instead of keeping your eyes on Jesus and letting Papa handle it and provide for you.
- Ask Him to forgive you and fill you with His Spirit in those places.
- Acknowledge to the Lord that His Kingdom is not meat and drink, but righteousness, peace, joy, and power (Romans 14:17; 1 Corinthians 4:20).
- Thank Him for already making you the righteousness of God in Jesus Christ.
- Ask Papa to fill you with His shalom peace (nothing missing, nothing broken) today.
- Ask Him to fill you with His joy, which is your strength.
- Ask Him to fill you with His power by His Spirit, who lives within you.
- Thank Him that the same Spirit who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you.
- Ask for Holy Spirit to bear His fruit powerfully in you today.
- Ask Father to re-adjust your priorities to help you seek first His Kingdom–His righteousness, peace, joy, and power–and intimacy with Him every day, instead of spending unnecessary energy and brain power in the sin of worry.
- Ask Him to help you keep your mind on Him; to set your mind and keep it set on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
- Ask Him to help you walk on water as you keep your eyes on Him.
- Ask Him to give you every good and perfect gift that He has in mind for you today.
- Ask Him for double blessing in every area, and even more!
- Thank Him for giving you the Kingdom as you seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness!
That’s our breakthrough prayer for day 18!
Remember to use the verse itself as your vocabulary for prayer. Doing so will not only help you pray the most effective prayers it’s possible to pray, but it will also help you hide God’s Word in your heart, that you might not sin against Him (Psalm 119:11).
Did you pray this Scripture with me today? Or, do you have a testimony to share about how God has answered this prayer? If so, please leave a comment below! I’d love to hear what the Lord is saying to you!