Welcome back to 21 Days of Hope and Healing!
This series is a very simple sequence of Bible verses and prayer points you can pray to walk through a 21-day period of rest, refreshing, detoxing from stress, and receiving spiritual replenishment.
Each day in this series has only two parts: one verse to read and a set of very simple, bullet-point prayer suggestions you can pray through from that verse to ask the Lord to heal and refresh you.
This series is designed to help you pray for hope and healing in your body, soul, and spirit. All three are equally important!
Here's Day 20 of Hope and Healing:
Meditate on this Bible passage:
Proverbs 29:25: “The fear of man brings a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe.”
- Confess to the Lord any times or occasions (that you haven't previously repented for) when you have failed to obey Him because of what other people might think or do.
- Repent to Him for setting up idols for yourself:
- the idol of other people's opinions;
- the idol of comfort when you prefer to disobey God rather than deal with other people's opinions;
- the idol of obeying man rather than God.
- Ask Him to totally deliver you from the fear of man.
- Ask the Lord to help you place your trust in Him alone, not in any person around you.
- Ask Him to deliver you from any snares you have entered into because of the fear of man.
- Ask Him to give you wisdom to avoid any future snares.
- Ask Him to show you the difference between being a blessed peacemaker vs. disobeying God in order to pacify people.
- Confess to the Lord any value or reliance you have placed on what other people “may” think about you, compared to the value you place on what THE LORD thinks about you. 🙂
- Ask Father God to fill you with His Holy Spirit where all those things were.
- Thank Him that your trust is in Him now, so you shall be safe from now on.
As a reminder, always pray in every way the Lord leads you. Holy Spirit is your intercessor (Romans 8), and He will help you pray just exactly the way HE wants you to.
So use your own words; ask Holy Spirit to help you; and simply receive from Him as He prays through you the heart of the Father!
See you tomorrow for Day 21, the very last day of this prayer series about hope and healing!