Dear Presence seekers,
I don’t usually take up a whole blog post to ask for prayer, but today I felt like I was supposed to share this urgent situation with you and ask if you would please pray for me. And since it does pertain to this blog and our community, I believe God’s answer to our corporate prayer will be a blessing to you too!
Beloveds, our Father has blessed this blog this year. I’m working on getting the monthly update out to you, and this post is not that update. But He has blessed. More and more. For example:
- The webinars I started last month have been receiving a huge response and amazing testimonies.
- In October, we exceeded 70,000 pageviews in that month alone.
- In November, we exceeded 60,000 pageviews in that month alone. (Blog traffic is lower over the holidays, and it was Thanksgiving season here in the US. During that time, people are with their families, not online–so that’s why traffic was lower in November. But still, over 60,000 is awesome.)
- God has blessed me to write for some amazing Christian media outlets, such as Spirit Fuel, iBelieve.com, Crosswalk.com, and more.
- On Saturday, one of the encouraging words the Lord gave me recently, about Isaiah 54, was published on The Elijah List, a prophetic news source for which I have not previously written. Over 300,000 people were sent this word by email alone from The Elijah List. (I’m still in shock over that one. Thank You, Lord.) I’ve heard from so many folks who were encouraged by that word already, and I’m so grateful.
- In November, this community (through your donations and product purchases) provided material provision for 6 families who would have had to do without. Thank You, Lord.
I’m eternally grateful.
But here’s the thing:
In order to **try** and keep up, I’ve been working (between all my jobs + ministry) about 16 hours a day (5 AM to 9 PM), about 6 days a week, for the last 3 months or so.
And I can’t keep up anymore. And this is a good thing.
This is a good thing–to have the blog grow so much that I can’t keep up. It means that, together, we’re reaching more people for Jesus than we’ve ever reached. People are getting comforted and encouraged and healed and delivered and, yes, even saved because of our collective efforts in this community.
Thank You, Jesus.
But I believe it’s time for me to discontinue working at my corporate job, which (between working and commuting) takes up at least 25 hours per week. This will be a big step, and that’s why I’m asking for prayer.
Here are the specific things that I would be ever, ever so grateful if you would pray for me about:
- Pray for me to have physical strength. As you can imagine, I’m tired. My spirit and soul are stronger than ever, and I feel great spiritually! But I do need physical rest.
- Pray for my husband and I to be brave. 🙂
- Pray for our faith to be stronger than ever as we make this transition.
- Pray for me to have wisdom and discernment to know when to work and when to rest.
- Pray for my husband and I to discern the exact timing of the decision to bring me out of my corporate job. (E.g. tomorrow? Next week? 3 months from now?) We need to both hear from God on this, very clearly.
Please also pray for the following material provision:
- My husband’s car is 16 years old and has over 240,000 miles on it. I pray it will last forever, but honestly it needs to be replaced. Please pray for provision for a new-to-us vehicle for him.
- Pray for my vehicle, which is 8 years old and has over 100,000 miles on it, to last a really long time and run perfectly, and to be paid for quickly.
- Pray for the financial provision required to make up the difference that we have to have between my remaining corporate income and my current blog income. We would be living on faith, but aren’t we always supposed to live on faith? Nevertheless, I believe the Lord can provide what we need, between the blog and speaking engagements, if I were able to dedicate that extra 25 hours per week to ministry.
- Pray for a better-than-I-could-ever-imagine book contract for me. My literary agent is working on finding me a publisher for my book about getting free from rejection and healing the orphan spirit. Writing books could very well be a key component of making up that income difference.
- Pray for increased financial partnerships and product sales.
- Pray for provision for some of the ministry things I’d like to do. I want to do more prophetic evangelism at secular conventions, festivals, shopping malls, etc like I’ve done in the past (e.g. when we ministered at a tattoo convention to 80+ people, including 2 who gave their lives to Jesus). Things like that require money to rent booth space and to outfit a prophetic team to minister.
- Pray for provision for me also as I desire more than almost anything, ministry-wise, to help with the fasting and prayer movement. Lou Engle is having a 4-day intercessory prayer meeting in Colorado Springs in February, and several others in 2017, and I want to go to Colorado Springs and pray with them if possible. I had previously planned to attend a writing workshop in 2017, which I emailed you about a few weeks ago. I would still love to do that, but I’m feeling a compelling urge that prayer is more important. Unless Father surprises me with money for both, I think I will put travel resources toward fasting and prayer.
Beloveds, this is such a crucial time for me. I don’t usually take up a whole blog post to talk about me, but I am so in need of your prayers at this time in particular. Would you please be willing to help me by lifting my husband and I up to our Father? I know He will answer, and He wins every time.
Thank you, dear friends. Thank you. From the bottom of my heart. Thank you for who you are, for what you’ve already done, for being a constant encouragement and joy to me. And thank you, so much, for your prayers.
Love in Christ,
Would you help me with my work of reaching people for Jesus as a domestic missionary? This blog, and all of my mission work in person, are made possible through your partnerships, donations, and product purchases.
If you’d like to help me, please check out the partnership details and products available for sale here. And, thank you in advance for helping make this blog and everything we do together for the Kingdom possible!