I love to pray to music. It’s easy and fun, and anybody can do it. It’s especially fun when the song is MADE for intercession. And if you need some suggestions for fun, musical intercession, I’ve got ’em.
Here are my top 10 favorite songs for intercession, in no particular order:
(The links and widget below are my affiliate links, which means if you purchase any of these songs from Amazon, I’ll get a small commission at no additional cost to you. And by the way, the Amazon widget won’t show up on mobile, but the links will work.)
- Breathe on Me by Eddie James (featuring Kaci Stuart, from the One album): 8 minutes of lying facedown, crying. There will be snot. You have been warned. Do yourself a favor and put this one on repeat for about 3 days.
- Have the Glory by Jon Thurlow: This one will make you get on your face in your office or lock yourself in the bathroom to pray. Seriously. Pray it for yourself or others. Let this be the consuming cry of your heart! You’re gonna love it.
- Song of Ezekiel by Christ For The Nations Music: “I hear the calling of pastors, calling the Church to its knees… pray again! pray again! Those who are sleeping; those in the grave… pray again!” Yeah. That’ll do it for ya.
- Out of Hiding by Steffany Gretzinger: You’ll cry. You’ll laugh. You’ll be shocked that this song speaks as much to you as it does about anyone you’re praying for. Trust me on this one. 😉
- Take Your Place by Jon Thurlow: This one will take you so deep into praying for yourself or anyone else that you may not ever resurface. Be prepared to quit your job and take the veil. (And I may not be kidding.)
- Where You Go I Go by Brian and Jenn Johnson: I heard this song the first time at The Call Nashville on 07/07/07, and it wrecked my life for Jesus. Let it wreck yours too!
- Glory Come Down by Christ For the Nations Music: Pray this one over yourself and others. Pray it over yourself for the first 2 hours or so, and then just go touch someone. I think you could raise someone from the dead pretty easily after a couple hours of this song.
- You Won’t Relent by Misty Edwards (featuring David Brymer): Awesome song for somebody who needs the Hound of Heaven, the Holy Spirit, to chase them down wherever they are. Pray this song and go after them!
- Hold Us Together by Matt Maher: Pray this song for relationships and new beginnings. It works equally well whether you’re praying for 2 people (e.g. a marriage) or a church full of people. It will make you grin, dance, and shout at the same time. “This is the first day of the rest of your life!”
- Things Are Not Okay by Jon Thurlow: Use this song to intercede for Jesus to come back. Yes, the Second Coming requires intercession, just like Jesus’ birth did. This one will touch a chord deep inside you if you miss Jesus too.
There you are: my top 10 songs for intercession. Intercession is easy when all you have to do is sing and worship along with a song that already touches your heart.
So go ahead! Grab these picks and get alone with God! You’ll be blessed and strengthened by this music yourself, even as the Holy Spirit draws you into intercession for others.
What is your favorite song for intercession? Please leave a comment below and feel free to share a link!
Want more great music to worship to? Head on over to Pinterest and follow me; I have a board of my favorite worship songs!