You’re hurting. You’re lonely. You feel emotionally fragile right now. And I’m so very, very sorry.
But, precious one… it’s time to come out of hiding, and come back to the Father’s embrace.
Father knows, you see.
He knows all about what got you to this place. All things are naked and exposed to His sight (Hebrews 4:13) …
… and He loves you anyway.
He knows your pain. He knows exactly how badly you are hurting. He saw every tear you cried so far today, and yesterday, and even the day before. He caught every one of your tears in His bottle, and He already had a recording in His book of every tear you have ever cried before those tears even came forth (Psalm 56:8).
Beloved, Father loves you. And His heart beats for you.
Like Adam and Eve, I know it’s easy to want to hide. Like the bird in the image at left, you feel so fragile and you can be easily crushed. You feel defenseless and weak and vulnerable, so you retreat to hide in the leaves and the shadows.
You feel like you ought to be safe in the shadows … but you’ve also discovered that, somehow, you’re not.
Instead, it’s dark there, and cold, and you feel separated and isolated and afraid. Father seems so very far away, and you might have started to forget what His warmth and light felt like.
But Father loves you so much, and He’s not actually far from you at all.
He’s just on the other side of those leaves you’re hiding behind. He’s right there, longing for you, yearning over you, desiring you. His thoughts and His love and His affection are reaching out to you, drawing, drawing, drawing.
He has even moved your dark leaves aside and peeked in. You’ve heard His voice, saying, “Precious one? Will you come to Me?”
But you have been shrinking back, cowering, retreating deeper into the shadows. All the while, however, your Daddy God is longing for you. Jesus is interceding for you, and the Holy Spirit is drawing you… because all the Father wants is to have you back in His embrace.
Beloved? Precious, beloved one … yes, you: Will you come back to your Father’s embrace now?
Please, beloved. I’m sobbing huge, wracking sobs as I write this. Dear beloved son–precious daughter–the Father is longing for you.
He wants only to comfort you, you see … to comfort you, to pull you into His embrace and shelter you from the world. To pull you into that place where it’s safe, and warm, and where you belong.
- All of those sins that have beset you? He’ll wash you clean as soon as you tell Him about them (1 John 1:9).
- All of that shame? He’ll roll it off of you, and you won’t even remember what it felt like to be ashamed.
- All of that agony? He’ll comfort you.
- That sense of separation? He’ll fill you with such a sense of belonging that you’ll never feel the cold of separation again.
- That sense of hopelessness? He’ll make you new.
- All that darkness and fear? It will flee as He fills you with the light of His love and His Spirit and His peace.
You belong to Father, beloved, and He is longing for you RIGHT NOW. It’s time to come back to the Father’s embrace.
How do you do that?
- You come to the Father in Jesus’ name.
- Pour out your heart to Him.
- Confess your sins, and He will forgive you and make you clean with the blood of Jesus.
- Ask Him to fill you with His Holy Spirit and draw Him closer to Himself.
- Tell Him all about everything that concerns you. Tell Him about your pain, your needs, your hurt, your desires, and most of all, your need for Him.
- Ask Him to help you change the way you think.
- Give Him your life–your entire everything.
- Ask Him to help you seek Him with your whole heart.
- Ask Him to make you a doer of the Word, and not a hearer only, so that you don’t deceive yourself.
- Thank Him for hearing and answering your prayer.
I can’t write “the right words” for you. It’s not about “right words” when you pray. It’s about pouring out your heart to Daddy God Who loves you, confessing your sins, and receiving His forgiveness and restoration.
But if you will come out from behind those leaves and step forward into the light of Father’s love, you will find Him. He’s right there with you, beside you, and yes, He’s even in you.
He loves you, you see, and He’ll never leave you.
Will you return to Father’s embrace today?
If this message is for you today, after you’ve prayed, would you leave a comment below? I’d love to hear from you. And may Abba Father, our Daddy God, bless you as you fall back into His arms.
Related song: Let the Father immerse you in His love as you listen to Dennis Jernigan sing “Daddy’s Song”:
If you feel separated from the Father, read Leif Hetland’s book “Healing the Orphan Spirit.” God used this book powerfully in my journey of healing from an orphan heart. I highly recommend it. Grab a copy of Healing the Orphan Spirit on Amazon here!
The Amazon link above is my affiliate link. This means that if you purchase resources on Amazon using my link, Amazon will pay me a small commission (at no additional cost to you, of course). Thank you in advance for helping me keep my cat fed and happy. And if you love reading legalese, you can delight yourself in my disclosure policy here.