First, remember that God has all wisdom and understanding. Daniel 2:20-22 says:
Daniel answered and said: ‘Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, for wisdom and might are His. And He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and raises up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding.
He reveals deep and secret things; He knows what is in the darkness, and light dwells with Him.”
In his book The Knowledge of the Holy (see my review here), one of my heroes, A.W. Tozer, wrote:
“Wisdom, among other things, is the ability to devise perfect ends and to achieve those ends by the most perfect means. It sees the end from the beginning, so there can be no need to guess or conjecture. Wisdom sees everything in focus, each in proper relation to all, and is thus able to work toward predestined goals with flawless precision” (page 43).
Today’s post is not intended to be a treatise on wisdom; that’s a study for a different day. But it IS intended to be a prophetic word for us right now, because the need for WISDOM is at the center of what God is doing in your life and mine right now.
Here’s the prophetic bulletin: Strategy is vitally important, and God is ready to give you His divine strategy.
One of the primary reasons John Wesley, one of the great revivalists of the First Great Awakening, was so successful was not just because God anointed him to preach, but because he was a brilliant strategist. He put strategies in place that built the Church and discipled congregations, and the impact of his strategies can still be seen today.
What’s the point? RIGHT NOW, ask God for His divine strategies. Ask Him for His blueprints. Ask Him to show you strategically:
- What to do TODAY;
- Who to talk to;
- What steps to take toward your dream (and don’t be surprised if He only shows you one tiny step; just take that one step and He’ll show you more after you obey);
- How to make vital connections;
- And the big-picture end result, which will keep you fired up.
ALL wisdom is God’s. And He says that if we lack wisdom, we can ask of Him in faith, and He will give us wisdom LIBERALLY and without reproach (in other words, without looking down on us for needing it). James 1:5-6 says:
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.”
So ask God for strategies right now:
- Ask Him to give you wisdom and lead you in His secret paths;
- to reveal the deep and hidden things;
- and for divine connections.
- Pray for Him to build bridges between you, the people you know, and the people you need to know.
- Ask Him to show you the connection between where you are and where you need to go.
- Ask Him to redeem all things AND SKILLS from your past and work them for your good right now.
- Pray for favor with people.
That’s it. Will you stop and ask for these things today? If you will, you have His promise:
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye (Psalm 32:8).
Does this message speak to your spirit today? If so, please leave a comment below! I love hearing from you!