Do you want to keep growing in God? Want to keep your life out of the hands of Satan, who desires only to steal from you, kill you, and destroy you? Do you want to walk before God in white, pure and holy?
If so, then you absolutely MUST learn godly discernment so that you will not get seduced by demons.
Beloveds, it is critical that we learn to discern between the holy and the profane.
There are lots of red flags that clue you in that demonic seduction is going on, if you will pay attention. Two of the main ones are:
1. It's all about the Word of God.
If something does not line up with the entirety of the Word of God, it's demonic. Period. End of story.
Isaiah 8:20 says:
To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
Is that thing speaking to you lining up with the Word of God? For example:
- Is it based on fruit or accusations? Satan is the accuser of the brethren. JESUS said we should examine fruit, and that we will know if someone is holy or a wolf in sheep's clothing by their fruit. Matthew 7.
- Does it follow Biblical procedure? If you're upset at someone, Matthew 18 says that you should go to them and work it out. Satan, on the other hand, spreads rumors and dissension.
- Does it honor all men? 1 Peter 2:17.
- Does it show evidence of pursuing peace with all people? Hebrews 12:14.
- Is the person speaking to you sowing unity or division? This is a big one. The Holy Spirit will always inspire someone to strive toward unity. Demons inspire people to strive for division.
- Does it reflect Christ-like character?
- Does it pull attention toward the person speaking it, or does it push attention toward Jesus?
2. Does the thing speaking to you require complete and total dependence on the Holy Spirit?
We are completely dependent upon the Holy Spirit. Anything you are being taught that does not require the Holy Spirit's help is LIES.
Be careful: People who are hungry for God and who yearn to see His signs, wonders, and miracles can be particularly susceptible to lies when it comes to the supernatural. If someone is teaching you supernatural ANYTHING that does not depend COMPLETELY on the Holy Spirit, it is from Satan.
Satan will always try to twist the truth in order to bring people down. There is an unholy substitute for / perversion of every holy thing. Be so, so careful.
Test everything you see and hear against the entirety of the Word of God. Test everything by its fruit.
And remember that even nice people and sweet words can mask for a hotbed of demonic activity.
If it doesn't line up with the Word of God, folks, it's a lie. Don't get seduced by demons.
Beloved, to maintain good spiritual discernment, earch the Scriptures daily. Ask God to help you discern between His truth and the devil's error.
Do you have questions about this subject? If so, leave a comment below and I'll try to answer and point you toward Scriptures that will help.
(By the way, I need your help to keep reaching more people for Jesus every month. I'm asking people to partner with me financially in the amount of $8 per month. If God is stirring your heart to help with this work, go here to read the details about my partnership program, what I’ll be focusing on, what’s in it for you if you partner with me, and how I will be accountable. I need 1,000 partners, so don’t hold back, ok? 😉 And if you're already one of my amazing partners, thank you!!!!! We are laboring together in His harvest field and reaching people with Jesus' love all around the world. I praise God for you and pray for you daily.)