Welcome to 21 Days of Hope and Healing!
This series is a very simple sequence of Bible verses and prayer points you can pray to walk through a 21-day period of rest, refreshing, detoxing from stress, and receiving spiritual replenishment.
Each day in this series has only two parts: one verse to read and a set of very simple, bullet-point prayer suggestions you can pray through from that verse to ask the Lord to heal and refresh you.
This series is designed to help you pray for hope and healing in your body, soul, and spirit. All three are equally important!
Here’s Day 9 of Hope and Healing:
Meditate on this Bible passage:
Proverbs 3:21-24: “My son, let them not depart from your eyes—keep sound wisdom and discretion; so they will be life to your soul and grace to your neck. Then you will walk safely in your way, and your foot will not stumble.
When you lie down, you will not be afraid; yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet.”
And pray this prayer for sleep:
- Tell the Lord how much you need sleep.
- Repeat God’s Scripture back to Him: that “you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet” when you have wisdom and discretion.
- So, ask the Lord for sound wisdom and discretion. 🙂
- Confess your faith to the Lord that He will give you wisdom when you ask Him for it (James 1:5-8).
- Ask the Lord to show you what time HE wants you to lie down and go to bed each day. (Don’t be surprised if it’s much earlier than you’re used to!) 🙂
- Ask the Lord to help you obey whatever He has shown you He wants you to do in regards to your bedtime.
- Ask Him to help you love righteousness and hate lawlessness, and to keep you from sinning against Him, so you will obey Him every day.
- Ask Him to help you eliminate practical things that are proven to keep a person from sleeping–like looking at your phone, TVs, and computer too much and too close to your bedtime.
- Ask Him to help you go to sleep quickly as soon as you lie down.
- Ask Him to help you sleep deeply and soundly, all night long.
- Ask Him to speak to you during the night seasons.
- Ask Him to help you remember and understand what He says to you in the night season.
- Ask Him to help you sleep without waking up, unless He needs you to wake up for health or safety reasons (or reasons known only to Him), until the morning.
- Ask Him to help you feel great when you wake up in the morning.
- Ask Him to help you wake up in the morning feeling alert and excited about your day.
As a reminder, always pray in every way the Lord leads you. Holy Spirit is your intercessor (Romans 8), and He will help you pray just exactly the way HE wants you to.
So use your own words; ask Holy Spirit to help you; and simply receive from Him as He prays through you the heart of the Father!
See you tomorrow for Day 10!