Many folks in our community have mentioned their need for jobs over the years.
And if that’s you, know that God wants you to have a good job. A GOOD job. A job that will be a blessing to you, because:
The blessing of the Lord makes one rich, and He adds no sorrow with it” (Proverbs 10:22).
Papa God is so good that He wants you to have a job:
- that will bless you financially;
- that you will enjoy doing;
- where you will have pleasant co-workers;
- with a nice boss; and
- where you can be a witness for Him.
He also wants you to have a job that will be good for your family. A job that will be safe. A job where you will be honored and respected.
A good job is a blessing from the Lord.
And if you need a new job, don’t hesitate to pray for one–and pray specifically!
Yes, you will still have to do the legwork to find your new job. You will have to be diligent to look for the job the Lord has for you. You will have to fill out applications and interview. You will have to work hard at any job you get, go through training, and do everything else that comes with jobs.
But the Lord can and will bless you with a wonderful job if you will pray and believe Him to do so.
Are you ready to pray? Use the sample prayer below, and add your specific points to this model prayer as needed.
Pray this prayer to find a new job:
“Heavenly Father, I come before You in Jesus’ name.
Father God, thank You for hearing my prayer. Thank You that Your Word says “Before you call, I will answer,” and so You have answered me even before I finish this prayer. Thank You for knowing everything that concerns me, and for providing all my needs richly. I know I can depend on You, Father.
Father, I lift up my job situation to You. Lord, I ask right now in Jesus’ name that You would make a way for me to have a new job, a better job. Show me which steps to take.
Lord, if I am to change careers, then please show me what career to pursue. If I am to stay in the same career, give me peace about that. Either way, Lord, I ask right now that You would bring me into a job where the people are good to work with; where they are nice to me and others. Provide a job where I am paid well, where my work schedule would bless and not harm my family.
Father God, I ask in Jesus’ name that You would highlight in my mind where I should apply for new jobs. Give me the motivation and inspiration I need to apply, and shine Your light of favor on me there. As I apply, give me the words to say and help me fill out the application perfectly.
Father, I ask also that You would give the interviews that You want me to have–with the right interviewers too. Make it so that, when I walk into the room to apply or interview, the people there would know that I am the one to hire. Be the answer of my tongue, and help me to speak the words during the interview and application process that You want me to speak.
Father, I ask You to provide a good salary, good retirement benefits, good medical and dental insurance, disability insurance, paid time off, paid vacations, and paid sick leave. Provide for the on-the-job training that I need. I ask also for Christian co-workers in the workplace; and for kind, compassionate, generous, and patient supervisors.
Father God, give me wisdom, strength and power. Reveal Yourself as the Glory and Lifter of my head. In the Name of Jesus I declare that the old things are past and the new things have come. Bring me out of the old place, and into this new place of abundance. Put me in the right job, and deliver me from the wrong jobs.
Thank You, Father. Thank You for hearing and answering my prayer, and that I have received everything I’m asking You for. I give You all the glory.
In Jesus’ name, amen.”
Beloved, here are 5 Bible promises you can claim for a new job while you’re praying:
- “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him” (James 1:5). Pray this when you ask the Lord to show you where to apply for a new job, and for wisdom during your interview.
- “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!” (Matthew 7:7-11).
Pray this and remind God that you are asking, seeking, and knocking–so He has to bring you your request!
- “The blessing of the Lord makes one rich, and He adds no sorrow with it” (Proverbs 10:22). Pray this when asking the Lord for a good wage, good working hours, and everything else good in yoru new job!
- “The king loved Esther more than all the other women, and she obtained grace and favor in his sight more than all the virgins; so he set the royal crown upon her head and made her queen instead of Vashti” (Esther 2:17). Remind the Lord that He is no respecter of persons; what He did for Esther, He will do for you! Ask Him to shine His spotlight of favor on you during the job search process. Ask Him to give you more favor than everyone around you; that the people who are to hire you would know you are the candidate they seek the first time they see you; and that the Lord would help you stand head and shoulders above the rest.
- “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it” (John 14:12-14). Remind the Lord of this Scripture and ask Him to bring you into a greater job with greater works than you’ve ever had. Ask Him to glorify His own name in His answers to your situation. Tell Him what you desire and ask Him to do it; remind Him that He said He will.
If you just prayed this prayer and these Scriptures, please leave a comment below so others in this community can agree with you! Also, please let us know when Papa brings you into the new job you have prayed for!