Welcome to 21 Days of Hope and Healing!
This series is a very simple sequence of Bible verses and prayer points you can pray to walk through a 21-day period of rest, refreshing, detoxing from stress, and receiving spiritual replenishment.
Each day in this series has only two parts: one verse to read and a set of very simple, bullet-point prayer suggestions you can pray through from that verse to ask the Lord to heal and refresh you.
This series is designed to help you pray for hope and healing in your body, soul, and spirit. All three are equally important!
Here's Day 4 of Hope and Healing:
Meditate on this Bible verse:
Matthew 11:28-30: “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
And pray this:
- Ask Father to help you make Jesus the first Person you turn to for rest and comfort, instead of turning to friends, food, or other outside sources of comfort.
- Ask Jesus to give you rest.
- Ask Jesus to specifically give you rest in your mind for your wearied, fried, stressed-out thoughts.
- Ask Jesus to specifically give you rest in your body; that your body would release the stress you’ve been under to Him, and that He would take it away and prevent the stress from making you sick or otherwise impacting your body.
- Ask Jesus to give you rest in your spirit.
- Ask Him to help you commune with Him and to lay all your worries, cares, and labors aside for a season to simply rest.
- Ask Jesus to refresh you in your will—in your ability to make decisions that are godly, healthy, purposeful, aligned with the right priorities, and restful.
- Ask Him to help you listen to, pay attention to, and receive His teachings—and to obey them all.
As a reminder, always pray in every way the Lord leads you. Holy Spirit is your intercessor (Romans 8), and He will help you pray just exactly the way HE wants you to.
So use your own words; ask Holy Spirit to help you; and simply receive from Him as He prays through you the heart of the Father!
See you tomorrow for Day 5!