Do you need breakthrough? If so, this simple prayer series, 21 More Days of Breakthrough Prayer, together with the original series, 21 Days of Breakthrough Prayer, are for you.
The Lord has led me to write 21 More Days of Breakthrough Prayer simply because the first 21 days were so powerful, but the Lord told me He isn't done working miracles! So, we are continuing to pray through various breakthrough Scriptures each day!
Today, we are praying into God's promise that your enemies will turn back when you call upon the Lord.
In this simple prayer series, I am sharing one Scripture verse or passage each day. I will also add bullet-point prayer directives you can use to pray through that Scripture.
I won't be writing out actual prayers, though; I feel the Lord wants you to exercise your prayer muscles by talking to Him right out of your heart!
Our Scripture verse for Day 3 of 21 More Days of Breakthrough Prayer is Psalm 56:8-11:
“You number my wanderings; put my tears into Your bottle; are they not in Your book?
When I cry out to You, then my enemies will turn back; this I know, because God is for me.
In God (I will praise His word), in the Lord (I will praise His word), in God I have put my trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?” (Psalm 56:8-11).
As you pray through this Scripture today, think of your enemies outside the “normal description” of enemies.
Think of enemies in your life like debt, addiction, hurts and wounds, etc. Remember that we don't wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers and rulers of this present age! You are in a spiritual battle; think of all enemies, including practical and spiritual ones!
Also, as you pray today, notice the part of the Scripture that says “I will praise His word.”
Remember that JESUS is the Word become flesh, so praising His Word is equivalent to praising Jesus. But why does this passage specifically state you will praise His Word?
It's because His Word is equal to Himself; it's part of Himself; it IS HIMSELF. And what God has said, He will do.
You can take it to the bank, baby: God's Word is part of Himself and it will always come to pass.
So whatever God has spoken for you, He will do! That's why you can (and should) praise His Word today; His Word is JESUS!
Pray along these points today:
- Thank the Lord that His eye is on you, even if you wander. He numbers your wanderings.
- Thank Him for always bringing you back to Himself when you wander, for the Lord is your Shepherd.
- Thank Him for seeing all your tears and wiping them away.
- Thank Him for being the God of all comfort in your life.
- Thank the Father for writing down and recording every single one of your tears in His book.
- Praise Him for His compassion and lovingkindness toward you, whether you feel like it or not!
- Then, cry out to the Lord. Tell Him briefly about the enemies you are dealing with. (Don't belabor this point, as you don't want to go down into self-pity. Just tell the Lord what you need His help with.)
- Confess your need for help to the Lord. Ask Him to come in like a flood and help you.
- Tell Him that you believe His Word: that when you cry out to Him, your enemies will turn back! He will turn them back!
- Thank Him that your enemies are turning back right now; that HE is turning your enemies back right now, even as you speak and pray!
- Confess your faith to the Lord: that you KNOW He is faithful, and He WILL fight your battles as you praise Him and believe Him in faith!
- Confess to Him that you know He is FOR you. He is on your side.
- Thank Him for being FOR you! Thank Him for fighting on your side!
- Take a moment to praise His Word, knowing that His Word is Jesus!
- Ask Father God to fill you with His perfect love, which casts out fear.
- Thank Him for taking care of you so that you don't need to be afraid.
- Thank Him that man can do nothing to you!
- Thank Him for TURNING YOUR ENEMIES BACK today and fighting on your side, winning the victory on your behalf!
Beloved, God has written down every single one of your tears in His book!
He sees you and knows you. He knows your need. Cry out to Him today, and your enemies will turn back! You can be assured of this, for God is FOR you!
“What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?” (Romans 8:31-32).
Those are the prayer points for Day 3 of 21 More Days of Breakthrough Prayer. Meditate on this Scripture passage and praise God all day today, for He is on your side! When you cry out to Him, your enemies will turn back!
Did this breakthrough prayer for your enemies to turn back resonate with you today? If so, please leave a comment below and let me know! I love hearing from you!