Welcome to 21 Days of Hope and Healing!
This series is a very simple sequence of Bible verses and prayer points you can pray to walk through a 21-day period of rest, refreshing, detoxing from stress, and receiving spiritual replenishment.
Each day in this series has only two parts: one verse to read and a set of very simple, bullet-point prayer suggestions you can pray through from that verse to ask the Lord to heal and refresh you.
This series is designed to help you pray for hope and healing in your body, soul, and spirit. All three are equally important!
Here’s Day 6 of Hope and Healing:
Meditate on this Bible verse:
Psalm 23:1-2: “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.”
- That the Lord would help you sense His presence with you, so that you really feel Him and His sweet companionship and watchcare.
- That the Lord would help you hear what He is saying to you in this season.
- That He would provide all your needs abundantly as you rest in this season.
- That He would help you to lie down and embrace peaceful places.
- Confess to the Lord that you struggle with resting (if you do struggle). Ask Him to convict you of your need to rest.
- Ask Him to remove your anointing to work, if He needs to or desires to, in order to help you rest awhile.
- Ask Him to give you the desire to rest–both for its own sake, and for the sake of obeying Him.
- Ask Him to help you enjoy resting.
- Ask Him to help you eliminate the distractions that surround you (turning off your phone, the TV, etc.).
- Ask Him to help you embrace stillness.
- Ask Him to increase your appetite and attention span for prayer and studying the Word.
As a reminder, always pray in every way the Lord leads you. Holy Spirit is your intercessor (Romans 8), and He will help you pray just exactly the way HE wants you to.
So use your own words; ask Holy Spirit to help you; and simply receive from Him as He prays through you the heart of the Father!
See you tomorrow for Day 7!