Are you longing and desperate for something today? If yes, then I have good news for you: God cares about whatever you care about, and He satisfies the longing soul.
In today’s prayer, we’re going to claim His promise that He satisfies the longing soul–and ask Him to fill you with whatever you’re hungry for!
Of course, our first longing must always be for Jesus. But after that, we do have good and holy longing for opportunities, relationships, experiences, things, and so on. And you know what? Those longings are from God if they line up with His Word.
A big longing that many people have is for a chance to exercise their gifts.
Whatever your spiritual gifts are, God gave them to you. They are part of your DNA, and if you’re going to express yourself as a person and be healthy and whole, you need to be operating in those gifts.
And if you currently can’t operate in them, for whatever reason, you’ll usually be desperate, possibly hurting, and sometimes even depressed!
Another longing that many people have is for relationship.
We were never created to be islands unto ourselves. We were not even created to be islands with just our own family groups. We humans need each other; we were made to do life together!
And the real relationships and friendships that every soul craves are only possible when we get life-on-life with each other and open our hearts to other, trustworthy people of like faith and spirit!
You may be longing for any number of other things.
But no matter what you are longing for today, today’s breakthrough Scripture is going to bring you comfort. Why? Because the Word of God says that God will satisfy your longing.
This could mean that God satisfies your longing for other things first and foremost with Himself–which of course must always come first in order to prevent idolatry. But after that, the Word of God tells us that He will also give you the desire of your heart.
And Jesus said that, no matter what you want, ask for it and you shall receive, that your joy may be full.
John 16:24 says:
“Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full” (John 16:24).
This is good news today, friend.
I don’t know about you, but I have some longings that are so big that the natural man (which cannot receive the things of the Spirit anyway) would say they aren’t possible. But you know what? They are possible. These are dreams that I believe the Father has put into my spirit about things to do for His Kingdom:
- dreams of greater works;
- dreams of demonstrating the Father’s heart on the earth;
- dreams of setting captives free.
And oh my friend, the enemy would love to convince me that the things my soul is longing for aren’t possible. He would love to get me to believe that the things that truly I am panting for, crying out for, desperate for in my spirit … aren’t going to happen. He’d love to do the same to you.
But today, as every day, I tell you right now that the key to breakthrough is this:
Don’t listen to the enemy.
Believe only the Word of God. Stand on it, and confess this:
Let God be true and every man a liar.
The Word of God is true. And if we’re going to receive breakthrough from the Lord:
We must get a word from the Lord out of Scripture and stand on it.
That’s the only way. And if you will do that–if I will do that–then He will give us everything we ask for. We will receive everything His Word promises … if only we believe.
Beloved, if you’re ready to press into prayer for breakthrough today, then this simple prayer series, 21 More Days of Breakthrough Prayer, and the original related series, 21 Days of Breakthrough Prayer, are for you.
The Lord has led me to write 21 More Days of Breakthrough Prayer because the first 21 days were so powerful, but the Lord told me He isn’t done working miracles!
So, we are continuing to pray through various breakthrough Scriptures each day!
In this simple prayer series, I am sharing one Scripture verse or passage each day. I will also add bullet-point prayer directives you can use to pray through that Scripture. I won’t be writing out actual prayers, though; I feel the Lord wants you to exercise your prayer muscles by talking to Him right out of your heart!
Our Scripture verse for Day 9 of 21 More Days of Breakthrough Prayer is Psalm 107:8-9:
“Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness” (Psalm 107:8-9).
Beloved, what is your soul longing for today?
Be sure you know, and ask God for specific things. Pray specifically over those things for which you are longing today!
I do also have a podcast for you today. It’s about how whatever matters to you matters to God too.
It’s Take Your Territory Episode 48, The Secret Place: God Cares About What Concerns You, and this short podcast will comfort you today if you aren’t sure your desires really are important enough to matter to God! Believe His Word: THEY ARE! If it matters to you, it matters to God!
Listen to the podcast here after you pray the prayer points below:
So pray through these breakthrough, prophetic prayer points with me today:
And as you pray, open your Bible and keep this verse in front of you: “Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness” (Psalm 107:8-9).
- Tell the Father specifically that you come before Him in Jesus’ name.
- Ask Him for His Holy Spirit to pray through you, intercede for you, and help you pray right now.
- Thank God for allowing you to approach Him in the name of Jesus.
- Thank Him for allowing you to come boldly before His throne of grace, where you may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
- Thank our Father for His goodness toward you!
- Thank Him for His financial provision, for Psalm 68:10b says “You, O God, provided from Your goodness for the poor.” Everything you have is a tangible, physical manifestation of God’s goodness in your life!
- Thank Him for His wonderful works in your life. Pick six or eight specific mighty works the Lord has done for you in your life, and thank Him for them!
- Thank Him even for the wonderful works He did for others in the Bible–like opening the Red Sea for the Israelites to cross; sending Jesus His Son to die for you on the cross; raising Jesus from the dead; multiplying the loaves and the fishes, etc.! Think of how greatly your life has been enriched even by simply hearing and learning those stories! Thank You, Father, for Your wonderful works to the children of men!
- Thank Him that His Word says He satisfies the longing soul.
- Thank Him that His Word says He fills the hungry soul with goodness.
- Ask the Father to fill your longing and hungry soul with His Spirit today; to fill you and satisfy you with Himself first and foremost and completely!
- Tell Abba Father about whatever you are longing for today. Explain to Him why those things are important to you; tell Him why they matter. (Yes, He already knows, but you’re having a conversation with Him here! Share your heart and tell Him anyway!)
- Ask Him to give you everything you are longing for today.
- Ask Him for His financial provision, for He satisfies the hungry soul with goodness–and financial provision is simply a manifestation of His goodness.
- Ask Him to shower His goodness on you today in tangible form.
- Bless Him for the greatness of His goodness toward you today!
- Thank Him for satisfying your longing soul today!
- Thank Him for filling your hungry soul with His goodness today! Thank Him, most importantly, for filling your hungry soul with Himself today!
- Then, thank Him for hearing and answering your prayer!
Do you believe God’s promise that He satisfies the longing soul today? Press into Him all day today and remind Him that He satisfies the longing soul and fills the hungry soul with goodness!