Have you sown seed into the Kingdom that hasn't produced a harvest for you yet? If so, you may want to consider taking a 5-day Harvest Fast.
In these 3 urgent prophetic bulletins, I mentioned that the Lord had called me to do a 5-day harvest fast, and that others may find this a timely thing to do as well. I received questions about how exactly to go about doing this. Today, I want to provide you with a comprehensive prayer plan for a 5-day harvest fast.
This article is not about how to fast and pray in general.
If you'd like help learning how to fast and pray, please check out the following articles that I've written on that topic. Read my other posts about fasting here:
- 10 Practical Tips for Easy Fasting;
- 5 Days to Victorious Fasting (free Bible Plan on YouVersion–the Bible App)
- Prophetic Word: January Is a Time for Healing;
- Fasting Brings Acceleration;
- The Supernatural Grace for Glorious Fasting;
- On Intercessory Fasting.
If you read those articles on fasting, they will help you fast successfully, maintain a right heart during your fast, and get good results from your fasting.
But today, I want to share a detailed prayer guide for a 5-day harvest fast.
I don't know if other people talk about “harvest fasting” or not, but this term was completely new to me when the Lord whispered it into my ear the other day.
Specifically, the Lord spoke to me to take a 5-day Harvest Fast over the good seeds I have sown into the Kingdom over the course of many years. Although I believe in sowing seed–and although I have definitely received a harvest in MANY cases–I have many seeds dormant in the ground that I have not seen a harvest on yet.
So, the Lord put it in my spirit to fast and pray over every seed that has not yet borne fruit, that it would come up and bear me a great harvest.
If you also have good seeds in the ground that have not yet brought you a harvest, consider taking a 5-day Harvest Fast as well.
During your fast, ask Holy Spirit to help you pray each day. (Remember, fasting without prayer is nothing more than starvation!) And specifically, pray these things along with anything else the Lord leads you to pray:
Day 1 of your Harvest Fast:
- Thank the Lord for all of the harvests He has already brought you.
- Bring to mind several of your harvests by name and point them out to the Lord.
- Remind Him of how good He was to you then, and thank Him for it.
- Tell Him that you know He will always be that good to you, and that you look forward to what you believe and know He is about to do in your life.
- Work with Holy Spirit to do a spiritual cleanse.
- Ask the Lord to search your heart and reveal any sin in your heart that you need to confess.
- Then, confess any sins He shows you.
- Ask the Lord to forgive you, and ask Him to cover you with the blood of Jesus and fill you with His Spirit where those things were.
- Remember that the Bible says everything is a seed–both good and bad things. So …
- Ask the Lord to cover every bad seed you have sown–whether actions, words, money, or anything else–with His blood, to forgive you for sowing those seeds, and to cleanse you from all unrighteousness.
- Again, ask Him to fill your life with His Spirit where those things were.
- Ask Him to cover those seeds with His mercy, which is new every day, and keep them from coming up as anything bad in your life.
- Ask Him to work those things out for your good, for you love Him and are called according to His purpose.
- Ask the Lord to teach you to think like He thinks, and to adapt your thoughts and expectations to match His Word.
- Ask Him to begin stirring up every good seed you have sown that has not resulted in a harvest for you yet.
- Ask Him to give life to those seeds and wake them up if they've been dormant.
I highly encourage you to take communion every day of your fast, but be sure to do it rightly so the body and blood of Jesus don't kill you or make you sick. Here's how to take communion at home–safely–if you aren't sure how.
Related: Read my article on Over Not Under about Are You Sowing Into Good Ground? 3 Ways to Know
On Day 2 of your Harvest Fast, pray this:
- Thank and praise the Lord for the fact that His Word is good, true, and faithful, and He can be depended upon.
- Praise Him for His faithfulness in your life.
- Ask the Lord again to wake up every good, dormant seed that has lain asleep in the ground.
- Ask Him again (do this daily) to bring harvest from every dormant seed and from every long-growing seed that has not yet brought you a harvest.
- Repent for sowing any good seeds into bad ground, knowingly or unknowingly, and ask the Lord to forgive you.
- Ask the Lord to cover every good seed with His mercy, even if it was sown into bad ground.
- Ask Him to bring you a harvest by His mercy, even if you mis-sowed, mis-guided His resources, or mis-stewarded His resources.
- If you have not yet repented from any mis-stewardship of the Lord's resources, do so now. Ask the Lord to forgive you, cover you with the blood of Jesus, and fill you with His Spirit where that was.
- Pray over your relational seeds today:
- Pray for every relationship into which you have sown good and holy seeds–but from which you have seen no fruit, or from which the enemy has stolen the fruit.
- Ask the Lord to separate you from every relationship that is not His highest and best will for your life.
- But also, ask Him to restore to you the fruit of your labor if that relationship IS His highest, best, and most perfect will for your life.
- For those relationships where you sowed and sowed, but your work bore no lasting fruit:
- Point out to the Lord that the thief (the enemy) stole the fruit that belonged to you.
- Point out to Him that, when the thief is caught, he must repay you seven times more than he stole–even if it costs the thief everything that he has to do so.
- Ask the Lord to force the thief to repay you sevenfold for everything that was stolen, including the fruit on the good seeds you sowed into past relationships.
- Speak to the enemy forces holding back your harvest and say: “Loose it, and let it go, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth!”
- If you're a tither, claim the blessing of the tithe: that He would protect your harvest and GUARANTEE your harvest as well.
Remember to take communion today (and every day) as well.
On Day 3 of your 5-day harvest fast, pray over your spiritual seeds:
- Thank the Lord for every good thing He has done in your spiritual life. Thank Him and bless Him for how far He has brought you.
- Talk with the Lord about the spiritual seeds you have sown–effort you have put into seeking Him, etc.
- Ask the Lord to stir you up in your spirit, soul, and body with His holy fire.
- Ask Him to help you to walk in more hunger for Him, more perfect obedience to His Word, and more manifestation of everything you are believing Him for.
- Pray that His Word would dwell in your heart richly and bring forth good fruit–30, 60, and 100 times more.
- Ask Father God to increase your CAPACITY for prayer, for His Word, for supernatural encounters with Him, Jesus, and Holy Spirit, and to increase the ministry of angels in your life.
- Ask Him to stir up the Word that is in you, bringing it to your heart and remembrance at just the right time so that you always hear His prophetic, rhema word.
- If you're a tither, claim the blessing of the tithe: that He would protect your harvest and GUARANTEE your harvest from all your spiritual seeds of seeking Him.
On Day 4 of your 5-day harvest fast, pray over your financial seeds:
- THANK the Lord for every single harvest He has every given you on your financial giving. Pull at least several specific financial harvests out of your memory by name/incident, and remind Him of the awesome things He did for you during those times!
- Tell the Lord and yourself, verbally and emphatically, that you believe and know He isn't finished with you yet–and that He still has WONDERFUL things in store for you; things even better than the absolute best things He has done for you in the past!
- Petition the Lord to do those things for you TODAY, financially and in every other way, that eye has not seen and ear has not heard.
- Ask Him to manifest and do the things that only His own heart knows–things which He has laid up in Heaven for you today.
- Ask Him to release His creativity as a mighty force on your behalf today.
- Ask Him to surround you with favor as with a shield.
- Ask Him to put His power and His influence to work on behalf of YOU, today–and to let you see that power and influence actually working and accomplishing things for you right now!
- Remind the Lord that, according to His Word, He is a Rewarder of those who diligently seek Him–and that we cannot please Him without believing He exists AND that He IS our Rewarder when we seek Him!
- Cry out to Him that you want to please Him, and tell Him verbally that you believe He will reward you.
- Remind Him that He is reward enough, but that you know His Word says He wants to reward you in additional ways too–so surrender to His reward system, and invite Him to bring it on!
- Ask Him to bring you a thousandfold harvest from every financial seed you have ever sown into His Kingdom, regardless of when or where it was sown.
- Ask Him to protect that harvest, guarantee that harvest, accelerate that harvest, and manifest that harvest today.
- Pray for the plowman to overtake the reaper in your life. Ask Him to cause your harvests to chase you down before you've even finished sowing!
- Remind the Lord that His Word shows that He will make the same things happen for you that YOU make happen for others. Remind Him about specific blessings you have made happen for others, and ask Him to make those same blessings happen to you!
- Remind the Lord of His promise that, if you give, it will come back to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over shall be given into your bosom.
- Thank the Lord for every time He HAS fulfilled this promise already.
- For every time you have given but haven't seen this promise manifest yet, remind the Lord of His Word and ask Him to fulfill this promise in your life.
And on the fifth and last day of your Harvest Fast, pray this:
- Thank the Lord for providing from His goodness for the poor (Psalm 68).
- Thank Him for being such a good, good Father who loves you.
- Ask the Lord to glorify His own name in your life.
- Ask Him to use you to demonstrate His goodness on the earth.
- Ask Him to make you a vessel of His honor, wealth, and goodness on the earth, and to use that honor, wealth, and goodness to bring people to Himself.
- Ask Him to demonstrate His weight, splendor, and copiousness in your life so that you can represent Him well as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, and also as your Father.
- Thank Him for hearing and answering your prayers.
- Ask Him to help you see and notice the answers to all of your prayers!
Beloved, if you have seeds in the ground that haven't produced a harvest for you yet, please consider going on a 5-day Harvest Fast.
I have been doing this myself, and I feel the Lord on it. I believe Him and trust Him, but fasting and prayer is His prescription for divine acceleration.
Do these prayer points help you today? Have you seen a miracle resulting from your Harvest Fast? If so, leave a comment below–and please share this prayer guide with your friends!