Have you ever noticed that some people just can’t stop doing nice stuff for you?
I mean all sorts of things. My amazing husband, for example, is this way. He helps me out around the house ALL THE TIME. He takes out the trash, gets groceries, feeds the cat, cleans out the cat box, does laundry, scrubs the bathrooms, keeps our budget updated… and on, and on, and on. That’s because doing acts of service is one of the ways he tells me he loves me. And I love it.
Don’t you just love it when someone does nice things for you too?
Even if it’s only once in awhile, having someone reach out to do something for you is special! When someone helps you out, just when you need it, it can make you feel totally warm and fuzzy inside.
Well, God loves to serve you like that.
Just like my husband loves on me by helping me; just like people help you out because they love you … God loves on you by serving you. He just can’t help Himself. He can’t stop. He loves you so much that He keeps serving you, and serving you, and serving you some more!
That’s why I say that the Energizer Bunny has nothing on God.
Check out these examples:
- God gave up His only Son, Jesus, and subjected Jesus to a terrible death on the cross to secure forgiveness of sin and eternal life for you. Huge, #1 act of service right there!
- He heals you from past wounds and hurts.
- He literally keeps your heart beating and your lungs pumping air.
- He comforts you when you’re sad.
- He heals your physical diseases.
- He provides a place for you to live, clothes to wear, and food to eat.
- He pays your bills.
- He strengthens you when you need strength.
- He places you in a family so you won’t be lonely.
- He brings friends into your life.
- He fills you with His Holy Spirit to empower you and to be your constant Companion.
This list could go on and on. God loves to serve you. The Energizer Bunny has nothing on Him!
Think about that: every moment that you’re alive, God Himself is serving you!
This is what it feels like to be loved. To have your Daddy God constantly hovering over you, taking care of you, and serving you.
When you received Jesus as your Savior, the God of the universe adopted you as His beloved child. He became your Father. And as your Father, He loves to do nice things for you.
He serves you all the time, 24/7/365. Serving you makes Him happy, because you make Him happy. He loves to love you. He just can’t get enough of serving you.
Stop and think about all the nice things God does for you every day.
Thinking about everything God does for you will really help you feel His love. It has made a huge difference in my life! So I would encourage you to watch always for the things He does for you, and when you notice God’s acts of service, know He loves you!
How has God served you? I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment below and share your story!
As I shared in the first post in the “How to Feel Like God Loves You” series, the truths I am writing about in this series are things God showed me after I read a book entitled The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts (see my review here) by Gary Chapman (Amazon affiliate link). Read my affiliate disclosure here.
Read the rest of the posts in this series:
- How to Feel Like God Loves You
- God’s Physical Touch
- Quality Time: God Is All Over You
- Acts of Service: The Energizer Bunny Has Nothing On God
- Response to Reader Question: Is It Too Strange For God to Serve Us?
- Words of Affirmation: He’s Just That Into You
- The Gifts He Keeps On Giving
- Book Review: The Five Love Languages: The Secret To Love That Lasts by Gary Chapman