How to Feel Like God Loves You: The Gifts He Keeps On Giving
“The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you.” Jeremiah 31:3 NKJV
Do you love giving and receiving gifts?
I know I do. I love gifts–both giving and receiving them, but especially giving them–because gift-giving is an act of love.
You know how it is. A great gift simply makes a person feel loved. When you give someone a gift, they know that you thought about them and picked out something special. You cared about them. Everybody likes the gifts themselves, but it’s the love behind the gift that really knocks a person’s socks off.
Now think about how YOU felt when you have given a great gift to someone:
- Remember how excited you were when you picked out just the right thing?
- Remember the careful way you wrapped it?
- Remember how you just couldn’t wait to see them open it?
- Then when they finally opened it, your joy was in seeing their happiness. You couldn’t get enough of their reaction… because you love them.
That’s what God does for you. He gives you gifts … and He is every bit as excited about giving you gifts as you are when you give someone else a gift.
Your Abba Father–Daddy God–picks out gifts just for you. He gives you things like:
- A relationship with Himself through Jesus Christ. John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Have you received His Son as your Savior and the Lord of your life? The gift of salvation through faith in Jesus is freely available to you, but you have to accept it.
- He gives you His Holy Spirit, who lives inside you after you make Jesus the Boss of your life. The Holy Spirit keeps you company, comforts you, encourages you, and teaches you.
- He gives us supernatural abilities, like the gift of healing, prophecy, mercy, and practical service. These are fulfilling ways He empowers us to serve others.
- He gives us relationships with friends and family. Your special love story with your spouse? That’s a gift from God. Your children are another gift from God. Your best friend? Many people don’t have friends. The fact that you do is a wonderful gift from God.
- He gives us beautiful, unexpected presents every day. That front-row parking space at the mall? That free meal the day before payday? That encouraging word someone spoke into your life at just the right time?
These are all gifts from your Daddy God. He picks them out just for you. Then He gives them to you and watches your reaction. (I can just see Him bouncing on the edge of His throne in anticipation of watching you receive them, can’t you?)
God is your Father. The same way you love to give gifts to your children, He loves giving gifts to you. He can’t help Himself.
This is what God’s love feels like.
God is crazy in love with you. He loves you so much that He can’t stop giving you presents. He knows just how to make you happy. He picks out special things only for you. He gives you these gifts at just the right time, and delights to see you open them.
You don’t even have to earn His gifts. He gives to you because He loves you.
This is what God’s love feels like. And if you want to feel how very much God loves you, then practice noticing all the gifts He gives you each and every day.
Would you take a few moments and think about all the gifts God has given you? Can you imagine Him showering you with each one? Can you see Him clapping His hands with excitement as He sees your response?
God loves you like crazy, and He loves to give you gifts. His gifts are an expression of His love for you, and being on the receiving end of such generosity means you are greatly beloved indeed.
Have you taken the time to notice the gifts God has been giving you already today? If so, what gifts have you noticed? Please leave a comment and share!
Read the rest of the posts in this series:
- How To Feel Like God Loves You: My Story
- God’s Physical Touch
- Quality Time: God Is All Over You
- Acts of Service: The Energizer Bunny Has Nothing On God
- Response to Reader Question: Is It Too Strange For God to Serve Us?
- Words of Affirmation: He’s Just That Into You
- The Gifts He Keeps On Giving
- Book Review: The Five Love Languages: The Secret To Love That Lasts by Gary Chapman
The link above to The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts (see my review here) by Gary Chapman is my Amazon affiliate link. Read my affiliate disclosure here.
i read all of your teachings on this, I just needed Abba’s love so badly. I felt such pure sweet love and hugs. I cried and cried and told him how much I loved Him and thanked Him for all his gifts. Thank you so very much!!!
But like 10 minutes later, my grandson and his friends started some drama and strife and I felt myself getting upset. I was reminded of Jesus’ parable of the sower of seed and immediately the birds came to eat the seed…..I just went right back to prayer. The enemy is NOT taking my seed!! I gave my grandson to Abba, I even gave his friends to Him too! I know He loves me and is with me,,,,,No matter what!! Thank you Father God!!
And thank you Jamie..You are such a blessing in my life!!
Oh Patti. I thank Papa for ministering to you! He is such a good Papa. And WAY TO GO on guarding the Word and not allowing the enemy to snatch it from you! Eventually, as you continue to meditate on the Word about this, you’ll have it so deeply that it will just always be there and you’ll always be aware of His love. Praise God!
Oh my; what can I say. I didnt stumble here. I have been a christian for 18 years and up until about a month ago I realize that I dont feel Gods love. Me not feeling his love; I thought was ok until I heard some other christians speak so passionately about God. I stuck out like a sore thumb. So I have decided to say like you said…I believe that he loves me but I dont feel it. I believe also that because of pain and symptoms of illness that I feel in my body that I have prayed and commanded to go away still being there also contributes to why I dont feel his love. I know I dont doubt that he healed me years ago.. I believe with my whole heart and I still have the symptoms. Everyday I expect….but no manifestations. He only ask me to believe so why isnt it working for me. That makes me feel like an outsider because I have seen countless testimonies of healings. Now you speak of the gifts. In all honesty I know my kids are a gift from God, my husband (thinking about it) he couldv’e been worse. Thats a whole other story. So other gifts…..God gave me a car debt free, my friends and family I consider to be gifts. My ability to encourage others and ohhhh….most importantly HOLY SPIRIT.
That’s right. Keep focusing on noticing all the ways He manifests His love to you, and you will begin to feel a change in your heart. I encourage you to read all the posts in this series, too, as each one focuses on a way God shows you His love! (God’s love languages.)