Last week, I posted here about how we need to learn to understand God's symbolic language. I also discussed in that same post about why I will begin teaching God's language of pictures using tattoo interpretation. So today is our first lesson and first tattoo interpretation!
Our first tattoo photos came from Miss T, who has two tattoos. I will only cover one of them today, and we'll save the next one for later.
First, I will tell you the meanings of the symbols. Then, below the list of meanings, I'll give the “in-a-nutshell” interpretation of what the Lord is saying to Miss T through this tattoo right now.
Tattoo #1: Elephant
Here are the symbols we saw and their spiritual meanings:
The flower speaks of glory and beauty (Song of Solomon chapters 2-6).
The horseshoe is what the horse walks on. Horses represent strength, power, and authority in the Bible (Job 39:19-25). The horse is ready to go to war (Proverbs 21:31). The horseshoe represents the ability to walk in strength, power, and authority.
Chains speak of things that hold back, bind, or imprison (2 Peter 2:4).
The hook speaks of something you draw or pull things with (Isaiah 37:29; Job 41:1-2).
The elephant is a very positive symbol that has several amazing meanings. The word “elephant” is not mentioned in the Bible, although ivory is. So to understand what God has to say through the image of the elephant, we have to study the elephant and relate what we learn to the rest of God's principles:
- When an elephant in captivity is young, trainers put a chain around his leg and chain him up. The elephant learns that he cannot escape. This thought pattern becomes so ingrained in his mind that when he is older, the trainers no longer have to chain him. They just put a rope around his leg–not tied to anything–and he believes he is still chained and cannot escape, so he does not try.
- In the wild, elephants can smell water underground during a drought. They find the patch of ground where the water is, and then as a herd, they pound and dig the ground until the water comes to the surface.
- Elephants have an amazing ability to hear.
- When attacked, they back up to one another to face the attacker.
- They have great loyalty.
So here is the in-an-nutshell interpretation of what God is saying to Miss T through these symbols:
Miss T, Papa God finds you beautiful in His sight. He is drawing you to Himself with His love.
People in the past have tried to restrict you with chains, but you are free. Sometimes you may not feel free because you remember what it was like to be chained… but you are no longer chained.
Now Papa is drawing you to come to where the water is and drink. He is the Living Water. He has given you a tremendous ability to sense what's genuine and what's not… where you will find true water or not. You have a great ability to hear, even things that other people miss.
Papa wants to bring you to a place where you walk in strength, true power, and authority in Him. He will guide you, and you will feel His guidance. You will know just what to do and where to go. You will have a great sense of direction, and your life will blossom and grow with great beauty.
I love Papa's language, don't you? He is always so beautiful and encouraging. Now it's Miss T's turn to let us know if this resonates with her!
Would you like to know what God is saying through symbols that mean a lot to you? If so, send me a photo of your tattoo or other symbol and I will teach using your symbol in a future post!
You can email your photo to me at: jamie at fromhispresence dot com.
- Understanding God’s Symbolic Language: Call For Tattoo Photos!
- Tattoo Interpretation #2 (flowers)
- Tattoo Interpretation #3 (verse and numbers)
- Tattoo Interpretation #4 (fireworks)
- Tattoo Interpretation #5 (lamb)
- Tattoo Interpretation #6 (phoenix)
- Tattoo Interpretation #7 (crown and sword)
- Tattoo Interpretation #8 (bird)
- Tattoo Encouragement #9: Beheaded Dragon
- Response to Reader Question: Why Getting a Tattoo Is NOT a Sin
I would like to thank my friends in the prophetic ministry team at my church for their input on this. I know Miss T personally, so I asked my pastor and the rest of the team for their input on this one. That way, it's an extra safeguard to make sure I really am hearing what God is saying to her. My friends were as excited about God's message through this tattoo as I am! It's a privilege to have such great help and support. Love you all!