Welcome to Day 9 of my series about developing an awareness of God's presence! You can refer back to Day 1 if you'd like to know my backstory for the series.
I encourage you to read all the posts in the series if you are just joining us. Each day's assignment builds on the previous assignments, and they are all vitally important! (Be sure to subscribe to receive my daily posts so you won't miss anything.)
We have covered so much in the last 8 days that today, on Day 9, we are going to review.
- On Day 1, we talked about how God is always with us.
- On Day 2, we talked about the sheer wonder of that fact.
- On Day 3, we talked about being honest and open with God.
- On Day 4, we talked about including God in the mundane parts of your day.
- On Day 5, we talked about how to ask God to “save” everything we've learned so far into your “heart drive.”
- On Day 6, we talked about living in God's tremendous love for you.
- On Day 7, we talked about finding a special place for you to meet with God alone.
- On Day 8, we talked about starting right now to set aside 15 minutes each day to meet alone with God.
Today, we're going to go talk with the Lord about all we've learned.
We're going to talk with Him openly and honestly. He's eager to hear all your thoughts.
So here's your assignment:
Go into your special place alone with God. And talk with Him from your heart about the things you've learned and experienced the last 8 days.
- Ask Him for help if there's anything you don't understand yet.
- Ask Him to help you practice His presence all the time.
- Ask Him for supernatural help to receive His love.
- Ask Him for help making time alone with Him a priority.
- Tell Him how much you love Him, and how you long to draw closer to Him.
- Tell Him you don't know how to seek Him like He deserves, but that you want to learn.
- Ask Him to draw you close to Him.
- Ask Him to give you fullness of joy in His presence.
Being completely open and honest with God like this is what praying is all about. This is how you build a prayer life.
This is how you learn to walk in God's manifest presence.
By talking to Him about the last 8 days, you're sharing the secrets of your heart with Him. And God will meet you and will talk back to you.
So spend your 15 minutes alone with God today, talking with Him about these things.
And tomorrow, we'll start learning how to hear what He says back.
How did it feel to talk with God today about your quest for His presence? I'd love to hear your story. Please leave a comment below.