Do you struggle with anger or rage, and you just want to be done with it? Do you need true spiritual deliverance and healing from anger? If so, you are not alone. However, you can get free from the anger that plagues you and sullies your heart!
The Bible teaches us that the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness God requires (James 1:20). So if you struggle with anger, I encourage you to do the work it takes to find healing from anger–including by speaking these 25 confessions and declarations of healing from anger over yourself out loud.
As you work toward healing from anger, the first step is always to walk through the foundational soul healing process.
The first and most important part of the soul healing process is to forgive all the people who have ever hurt you in your life. When you forgive from your heart (the way we teach in our video class, Finding Deep Soul Healing 101), you will find that the old hurts and wounds don’t hurt anymore.
It’s true: You will actually know you have truly forgiven when ALL the pain is gone. (If something still hurts, there is some aspect of the situation that you have not forgiven yet.)
Finding Deep Soul Healing 101 video class
In this 1-hour recorded webinar, I teach the first steps for how to find deep soul healing, including:
- The basic foundation of inner healing;
- Three open doors to the enemy, and how to close them;
- What is unforgiveness jail; how it feels to be in it; and why you want to get out of it;
- The faceted nature of hurts and wounds, with how to heal from each facet; and
- How to follow the leading of Holy Spirit to receive inner healing.
DOWNLOAD on our online store
But after you forgive all the people who have ever hurt you, you have to allow Holy Spirit to change your habits.
Forgiving old hurts will heal your heart of the pain of past things, greatly relieving the anger you feel about past incidents. However, you’ll need Holy Spirit to change your heart in order to keep from getting angry again in the future.
You can walk through life in total peace!
You don’t have to get mad when someone cuts you off in traffic. You don’t have to become angry when your spouse or child does something annoying. You don’t even have to spend your workday angry, even if you work in a job you hate!
My friend, the good news is this: Jesus came that you may have LIFE, and have it more abundantly–and that includes your having total peace in your mind, will, emotions, spirit, soul, and body.
We each need Holy Spirit to transform our heart and take anger out of us.
A big part of submitting to His healing work is speaking His Word over ourselves. The Word of God always produces fruit; it always accomplishes the thing for which God sent it.
As it says in Isaiah 55:10-11:
“For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and do not return there, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it” (Isaiah 55:10-11).
God’s Word always works. And it still creates reality, just as it did when God SPOKE at the dawn of creation and called things into existence.
So are you ready to be healed from anger? Speak these 25 declarations of healing from anger over yourself out loud:
- I flee from anger and forsake wrath. I do not fret; it only causes harm. (See Psalm 37:8.)
- I depart from evil and do good; I seek peace and pursue it. (See Psalm 34:14.)
- I let no corrupt word proceed out of my mouth. I only speak what is good, building people up and imparting grace to the hearers. (See Ephesians 4:29.)
- Even if I get angry about some injustice or unrighteousness, I do not sin. I pray instead, asking the Lord to resolve and avenge the injustice. (See Ephesians 4:26.)
- I never go to bed angry. I always resolve every situation and regain my peace before the end of the day. (See Ephesians 4:26.)
- I let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, malice, and evil speaking be put away from me. I cast it off and turn away from it, for I do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom I was sealed for the day Christ returns. (See Ephesians 4:30-31.)
- I am tenderhearted and kind to every person. I am known for my kindness, sweetness, and mercy. (See Ephesians 4:32.)
- I forgive every person who hurts me or offends me, even as God in Christ forgives all of my sins. (See Ephesians 4:32.)
- I am ALWAYS quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. I reject anger completely, for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness God requires. (See James 1:19-20.)
- I operate in the wisdom and discretion of the Lord, which make me slow to anger. My glory is to overlook a transgression. (See Proverbs 19:11.)
- I always think before I speak; and when I speak, I speak as the oracles of God. (See 1 Peter 4:11.)
- I am filled with the fruit of the Spirit, which are love, joy, peace, longsuffering/big fierceness, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. (See Galatians 5:22-23.)
- I walk in the Spirit, and I do not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. I am led by the Spirit always. (See Galatians 5:16-18.)
- I forgive every person for their trespasses so that my Father will also forgive my trespasses. (See Matthew 6:15.)
- I forgive every person for their trespasses against me, and I forgive from my heart, so that my Heavenly Father does not have to deliver me to the torturers. (See Matthew 18:35.)
- The Lord keeps me in perfect peace, for my mind is stayed on Him, and I trust in Him. (See Isaiah 26:3.)
- I am anxious for nothing; but in everything, with prayer and supplication, I make my requests known to God; and the peace of God, which passes all understanding, guards my heart and mind in Christ Jesus. (See Philippians 4:6-7.)
- “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,” who comforts me in all my tribulation! (See 2 Corinthians 1:3-4.)
- I let the peace of God rule in my heart, and I am thankful. (See Colossians 3:15.)
- I am better than the mighty, for I am slow to anger. I am better than he who takes a city, for I rule my spirit. (See Proverbs 16:32.)
- I speak only soft answers that turn away wrath. I do not speak harsh words, for harsh words stir up anger. (See Proverbs 15:1.)
- I do not hasten in my spirit to be angry, “for anger rests in the bosom of fools.” (See Ecclesiastes 7:9.)
- “A fool vents all his feelings, but a wise man holds them back” (Proverbs 29:11.) I hold my feelings back, for I am wise; I am not a fool.
- I pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one shall see the Lord. I look carefully, lest I should fall short of the grace of God, and lest any root of bitterness should spring up and cause trouble, defiling many. (See Hebrews 12:14-15.)
- I do not avenge myself. I leave vengeance to God, “for it is written, ‘Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,’ says the Lord’ (Romans 12:19).
- (BONUS): I hide God’s Word in my heart, that I might not sin against Him. (See Psalm 119:11.)
Friend, I recommend that you speak these confessions about healing from anger over yourself every single day.
As you speak the Word over yourself, it will take root and keep you from sinning. Remember what Psalm 119:11 says:
“Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You” (Psalm 119:11).
God’s Word works. As you speak it out loud, you will find the Lord changing your heart. As you hide His Word about peace versus anger in your heart, also learning to pray His Word back to Him on this topic, you will find the anger seeping out of your character and being replaced with peace, love, joy, forgiveness, patience, and all the fruit of the Spirit.
Did you speak these confessions and declarations about healing from anger over yourself today? If so, leave a comment below!