Do you need breakthrough? If so, this simple prayer series, 21 More Days of Breakthrough Prayer, together with the original series, 21 Days of Breakthrough Prayer, are for you.
The Lord has led me to write 21 More Days of Breakthrough Prayer simply because the first 21 days were so powerful, but the Lord told me He isn’t done working miracles! So, we are continuing to pray through various breakthrough Scriptures each day!
Today, we are asking Jesus the Waymaker to make a way for you.
In this simple prayer series, I am sharing one Scripture verse or passage each day. I will also add bullet-point prayer directives you can use to pray through that Scripture.
I won’t be writing out actual prayers, though; I feel the Lord wants you to exercise your prayer muscles by talking to Him right out of your heart!
Our Scripture verse for Day 5 of 21 More Days of Breakthrough Prayer is Psalm 78:13-16:
“He divided the sea and caused them to pass through; and He made the waters stand up like a heap. In the daytime also He led them with the cloud, and all the night with a light of fire.
He split the rocks in the wilderness, and gave them drink in abundance like the depths. He also brought streams out of the rock, and caused waters to run down like rivers” (Psalm 78:13-16).
As you pray through this Scripture today, remember that God is fair and impartial.
Romans 2:11 says, “For there is no partiality with God.” That means what He has done for one person, He will do for another. What He did for the Israelites in removing them from slavery to the Egyptians, leading them through the wilderness, and taking them into the Promised Land, He will do for you too.
All you have to do is believe Him in faith and meet the conditions He has laid out with each promise. If you do that, every promise He has made will be manifest in your life, and He will be more than happy to do for you anything He has done for somebody else.
So ask the Waymaker to make a way for you as follows today:
- Call to mind some occasions on which God made a way for you in the past. What marvelous things has He already done for you? Thank Him for those things!
- Thank Him for being a Waymaker in your life.
- Praise Him for His mighty strength; for His unparalleled greatness; for His creativity; and for His power at work in your life!
- Ask Him to remove obstacles from before you right now. Don’t pray against people; simply ask Him to remove everything from your life that would prevent or hinder you from moving into His best plans for you.
- Invite Him to help you let go of those obstacles and take your hands off them, in case you are actually embracing and holding onto anything that He sees as an obstacle to His will in your life!
- Ask Him to open up a way for you in every situation.
- Humbly ask Him to help you see the way, notice the way, and understand that the way He has opened is indeed from Him!
- Pray for wisdom as you walk through every situation. (Ask Him for wisdom daily!)
- Ask Him to help you have faith, boldness, and confidence in Him so that you will walk into and through the path He opens up for you!
- Pray that the Lord would come up under you and cause you to pass through the proverbial “sea” on the road He opens up before you. Ask Him to carry you on His wings even as you cooperate with Him and obey Him!
- Ask Him to make the things that used to be obstacles into things that actually admire and salute you as you pass through! Ask Him to turn your haters into joiners. Proverbs 16:7: “When a man’s ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.”
- Ask the Lord to instruct you and teach you in the way you should go, and to guide you with His eye upon you. (See Psalm 32:8.)
- Ask Him to go before you with His manifest presence.
- Pray that He will help you follow Him, and that He will shelter you under the overshadowing and brooding of His Holy Spirit! (See Psalm 91:1-2.)
- Ask Him to send you physical, tangible provision even in situations where it looks like provision is impossible.
- Ask Him to “water” you in body, soul, and spirit ABUNDANTLY with His Spirit, His comfort, His rest, His voice, and His provision.
- Pray that out of your belly would flow RIVERS of living water; that God would fill you with His Spirit anew and afresh every single day.
- Then, thank Him in advance for doing all these things for you!
Beloved, God is our Waymaker. He makes a way where there seems to be no way.
He opened up a road in the wilderness for the Israelites, and He’ll open up a way for you too. Ask our kind, good Heavenly Father to make a way for you today, no matter what you are going through!
Also, as you walk through whatever you’re going through, pray continually for wisdom. Wisdom from the Lord is of utmost importance! As you ask Him for that wisdom, believe that He will lead you and guide you. He will; He is always faithful to watch over and perform His Word!
Those are the prayer points for Day 5 of 21 More Days of Breakthrough Prayer. Meditate on this Scripture passage and ask the Waymaker to make a way for you this day!
Did this prayer for God to make a way resonate with your spirit today? If so, please leave a comment below and let me know! I love hearing from you!