Beloved, have you been in a dark place of worry or depression for a long time–or even for a short time? If so, I felt led to write these 25 confessions over your mind for you so that you can speak the Word of God out loud over yourself.
My friend, if you have been struggling in your mind, you are not alone.
The Lord wants you to know today that He is with you. I know it doesn’t feel like He is sometimes–but He is. And I know that you might not be able to sense Him taking care of you at all; but He is doing that too. Here is His promise to you today:
“The poor and needy seek water, but there is none, their tongues fail for thirst. I, the Lord, will hear them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them.
I will open rivers in desolate heights, and fountains in the midst of the valleys; I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water” (Isaiah 41:17-18 NKJV).
Beloved, the Lord knows you are seeking water for your heart, mind, and soul–but it feels like you are not finding any.
He also knows that it feels like your tongue is failing for thirst. He knows you are poor and needy. Nevertheless, He is promising you today:
- That He will hear you;
- That He will not forsake you (that means He’s with you right now, and He’s going to stay with you through this and always);
- That He is going to open rivers for you in the desolate heights you are in;
- That He is going to open fountains of water for you, even in this valley of the shadow of death;
- That He is going to make your wilderness turn into a pool of water—a refreshing pool of plenty; and
- That He is going to make the dry land you are in–where nothing seems to be producing fruit–turn into absolute springs of water.
Beloved, there is hope for you in Jesus Christ.
He IS your Hope and your hope, and He will never leave you nor forsake you. I know things may seem like He is not with you, or that He is not working on your behalf; but, He IS with you and He IS working on your behalf. And He will help you and perfect all things that concern you.
That said, beloved, we have to understand that feelings follow words.
You can’t live based on your feelings; you have to live based on the Word of God. As it says in Deuteronomy 8:2-5:
“And you shall remember that the Lord your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you and test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not.
So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord.
Your garments did not wear out on you, nor did your foot swell these forty years. You should know in your heart that as a man chastens his son, so the Lord your God chastens you” (Deuteronomy 8:2-5 NKJV, emphasis mine).
Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.
That means not only do we have to live by adherence to God’s Word, but we have to speak God’s Word out of our mouths. As it says in Joshua 1:8-9:
“This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:8-9 NKJV).
We have to speak the Word in order to do the Word. “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth … that you may observe to do ….” If we do not speak the Word of God out of our mouths, out loud, over ourselves and our situations, then we will not see the fruit of that Word–nor of obedience–in our lives.
So beloved, if you want to experience all the light, hope, joy, and blessing God has for you, you have to get God’s Word in your mouth.
This applies to every single one of us, and it applies to every situation. So if you desire to experience the power and sound mind that God gives each of His children, you have to speak God’s Word out loud over your mind.
Are you ready to do that?
If so, I wrote 25 biblical confessions over your mind for you below. These confessions are all based on Scripture; I have cited chapter and verse for each declaration below. I have also replaced most of the pronouns and written them in the first person for you, so that you can easily read these confessions over your mind out loud.
If you will speak these 25 confessions over your mind, you will see the fruit of them forming and being released in your life!
Our Favorite prayers for hard times
Receive God’s comfort as you pray!
- Prayer for When No One Loves You
- Lord, Deliver Me Out of the Mire
- Prayer for When You Lose a Loved One
- Prayer for When You Don’t Want to Live Anymore
- Prayer for When You Don’t Fit In
- Pray This When Your Friends Leave You
- Prayer for When You’re Going Through a Divorce
- And, find all these prayers plus more in our ebook, 10 Prayers for the Brokenhearted: Finding Comfort in Jesus Christ, instantly downloadable here on our Gumroad store!
So without further ado, and in no particular order, here are 25 Scriptural declarations and confessions over your mind for you to read out loud over yourself:
- God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of POWER, love, and a sound mind. (See 2 Timothy 1:7.)
- I have the mind of Christ. I think the thoughts of Christ; I walk in the joy of Christ; and I do the deeds of Christ. (See 1 Corinthians 2:16.)
- “This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it” (Psalm 118:24).
- The Lord makes me perfect in His love today, and His perfect love casts out all fear from my life. (See 1 John 4:18.)
- Because I am poor and needy, the Lord hears me; the God of Israel will not forsake me. (See Isaiah 41:17.)
- I do not fear, for God is with me; I am not dismayed, for He is my God. He will strengthen me; yes, He will help me. He will uphold me with His righteous right hand. (See Isaiah 41:10.)
- I dwell in the secret place of the Most High, and I abide under the shadow of the Almighty. The Lord keeps me stable and fixed under the shadow of His wings. (See Psalm 91:1-16.)
- The Lord brings me by a way I did not know; He leads me in paths I have not known. He instructs me and teaches me in the way I should go, and He guides me with His eye upon me. (See Isaiah 42:16 and Psalm 32:8.)
- The Lord makes darkness light before me today. He makes crooked places straight. These things He does for me, and will not forsake me. (See Isaiah 42:16.)
- By the mercies of God, I present my body a living sacrifice to the Lord today, which is my reasonable service to Him. And I am not conformed to this world; but I am transformed by the renewing of my mind, so that I can prove what is His good and acceptable and perfect will in my life. (See Romans 12:1-2.)
- I am anxious for nothing. Instead, by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, I make my requests known to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, guards my heart and mind in Christ Jesus. (See Philippians 4:6-7.)
- I let this mind be in me which was also in Christ Jesus. I do nothing through selfish ambition or conceit; but in lowliness of mind, I esteem all other people as better than myself, just as Jesus did. (See Philippians 2:3-5.)
- I humble myself under the mighty hand of God, and God gives me grace. (See James 4:6.)
- I do not fear, for God has redeemed me; He has called me by my name; I am His. When I pass through the waters, He will be with me. When I pass through the rivers, they shall not overflow me. When I walk through the fire, I shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch me. I do not fear, for God is with me. (See Isaiah 43:1-5.)
- I set my mind on things above, where Christ is; and I seek only those things which are above. (See Colossians 3:1-2.)
- I behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon me, that I should be called a child of God. (See 1 John 3:1.)
- I am a child of God. It has not yet been revealed what I shall be; but I know that, when He is revealed, I shall be like Him; for I shall see Him as He is. And because I have this hope in Him, I purify myself, just as He is pure. (See 1 John 3:2-3.)
- I strengthen the hands which hang down, and make firm the feeble knees; that what is lame may not be dislocated, but may rather be healed. (See Hebrews 12:12-13.)
- I work out my own salvation with holy fear and trembling, for it is God who works in me both to desire and to carry out His good pleasure. (See Philippians 2:12-13.)
- I love God’s law, and I have great peace; nothing causes me to stumble or offends me. (See Psalm 119:165.)
- I only let my mind think and meditate on things that are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous, and praiseworthy. (See Philippians 4:8.)
- I abide in Jesus, and He abides in me. I abide in His love. (See John 15:4 and John 15:9.)
- I come to Jesus, and He gives me rest from my weariness and heavy burdens. I take His yoke upon myself and learn from Him, for He is gentle and lowly in heart with me, and He gives me rest for my soul. (See Matthew 11:28-29.)
- I do not worry about tomorrow, for God will take care of me. (See Matthew 6:34.)
- I do not worry about my life, what I will eat or what I will drink, nor about my body or clothing, nor about anything else. I seek first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to me. (See Matthew 6:25-33.)
Beloved, do you feel Holy Spirit and His power swirling over you as you speak? I know I do!
I encourage you to print these out (using the print-friendly button in the social sharing section) and speak these confessions over your mind often! God’s Word is true, and it always works! God’s Word will not return to Him void.
Did you read these Scriptural confessions over your mind today? If so, leave a comment below!