Beloved, do you feel like you have been rejected all your life? If so, then today’s prayer for when you don’t fit in is for you.
Many people lately have told me that they are fighting for their lives right now, emotionally and mentally. They are hurting so badly they can barely breathe–standing in faith yet trying to deal with pain that almost goes beyond any pain they have endured, ever.
If that’s you, then I pray that this series of prayers–and today’s prayer for when you don’t fit in–will help you receive healing and comfort from the Lord.
Related: Read all the posts in this series of prayers for the hardest things:
However, beloved, the warfare is real.
When you are suffering emotionally and mentally, you need to know this is not from God. However, you also need to know that our Father God knows our weaknesses.
Jesus identifies with ALL our pain, as He was Himself a Man of Sorrows. And in times like these, we are not to run away from our Father in disgrace. Instead, we are to BOLDLY come near the throne of grace, where we may obtain MERCY, and find grace to help in time of need.
As it says in Hebrews 4:15-16, one of my favorite passages in the entire Bible:
“For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need” (Hebrews 4:15-16).
And also as it says in Philippians 4:6-7:
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
Beloved, you cannot live according to your pain–but you cannot ignore it either.
Jesus is our Great High Priest because He was tempted in every way we are tempted. Jesus is our Great High Priest because He bore ALL of our sorrows, griefs, wounds, and hurts to the cross. And our Great High Priest sits at the right hand of the Father, where He ever lives to make intercession for us.
Jesus cares about you and wants to help.
O my dear friend, God cares about your hurts. He feels your pain and wants to heal and comfort your heart as ONLY He can.
All we have to do is cast our burdens upon Him, and He will sustain us. We cannot pretend that these burdens do not exist. We cannot pretend not to be lonely or hurting. If we pretend that everything is okay, the pain will eat us alive.
Instead, we have to dump the pain at Jesus’ feet. We have to pour our hearts out to Him, believing and knowing that He is the ONLY One who truly gets it and truly cares like we need Him to care–and is also the only One who can actually help us …
… for He is ready, willing, and eager to help you.
So beloved, this is the first prayer of several sample prayers I want to provide to you for the very hardest emotional pain.
I know it’s tempting to not even want to address it:
- We think sometimes that if we ignore it, the pain isn’t really there.
- If we ignore it, then the situations or patterns didn’t happen.
- If we ignore it, then we can mask the sadness and hopelessness and despondency and despair, going about our daily lives with our game face on so no one will ever know.
But healing doesn’t come that way, beloved. Healing only comes when we dump these things at the feet of Jesus, letting the Great Physician, Healer of healers, comfort us and minister to us as only He can.
To that end, today’s sample prayer is a prayer for when you don’t fit in.
If you don’t fit in in life and you’re in pain because of it, this prayer is for you. Pray it and don’t be afraid to admit these things to Father. At the same time, however, it’s very important that you stay in an attitude of humility, keeping a pure heart before the Lord.
DO NOT confuse going down into self-pity with pouring your heart out before the Lord.
Self-pity is demonic and will take you down fast. However, you can pour your heart out to the Lord honestly, even when you’re in the worst pain, all day long and still keep your heart pure.
Remember that you have to depend on God and His Word–not your feelings.
Your feelings are unreliable and unstable; that’s why we’re petitioning Father God for help with our feelings. God DOES care about your feelings, but He never says that He bases truth on our feelings. He only bases truth on His Word.
So, disclose your feelings to God–but believe only what His Word has to say about both your feelings AND your situation, okay?
If you are ready to pray, here is a sample prayer for when you don’t fit in:
“Dear Heavenly Father,
I come before You in Jesus’ name. Father God, thank You for hearing my prayer right now. Thank You for bending Your ear and listening to me, even when I feel worthless and don’t have anyone else to talk to or who will listen to me. Thank You for loving me and taking care of me at all times.
Father God, my heart is hurting and You’re the only One I can tell about it.
You’re the only One who understands and won’t ridicule me. Please, I pray that Holy Spirit would pray for me and through me Your heart right now, and that He would intercede for me and through me with moanings and groanings which cannot be uttered–and that You, who know the mind of the Spirit, would receive my prayer according to Your perfect will.
Heavenly Father, I’m hurting so badly right now because I’m lonely.
I don’t fit in, Father. And while I know that You have made me unique, I long for community and friends and a place to belong. I know I belong with You and I fit in Your presence, and the truth is that You are enough for me. I know that in my head and in my spirit.
But Father, my soul–my mind, heart, will, and emotions–longs for human companionship.
Father, I’m so sad because I don’t have a place to belong.
Father, I’m talking to You about this because You’re the only One who can understand. Please help me to keep my attitude right while I pray, and pour out my heart to You without getting down into self-pity. Thank You, Father.
But Abba Father …
All my life, I haven’t fit in anywhere I have gone. It seems like every group of people I’ve been with, and nearly every person I have cared about, has rejected me in some way. And Father, I’m tired of being rejected.
I know You are enough for me, Abba Father, but I’m tired of being lonely. My heart longs for a group of people to fit in with:
- to do life with;
- to walk in lock-step with in the spirit as we hold up one another’s hands and seek You together;
- a group of people with whom I can serve You;
- a group of people who value and treasure one another and the friendship that we have.
I also long to fit in somewhere, somehow in Your Body, Father.
I’m so tired of being alone. I’m so tired of running alone. I’m so tired of always being out in front with new ideas and new prayers, and having to accept the flak that comes at me when I’m on the front lines. I’m tired of being overlooked and passed by; it hurts so badly. And, I’m also tired of sowing and building and then seeing others get my harvest; seeing all the reward for what I’ve done go to other people.
Father, through it all, I just want to be faithful.
I want to be faithful to You, and to what You have called me to do:
- I long to be faithful to You in all things; to hear You say to me, “Well done, good and faithful servant.”
- I want to stay happy and count it all joy.
- I want to keep a right attitude, clean hands, and a pure heart.
- I want to stay grateful and thankful, praising You and blessing Your name at all times.
- I want to be anxious for nothing; but in everything, with prayer and supplication, to make my requests known to You–for I know that Your peace, which passes all understanding, will guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus.
Father God, these desires are exactly why I am approaching You about these things right now.
The pain has gotten too great; I can’t handle it anymore. The sadness is too deep. The loneliness is too hard. I’m hurting so bad that nobody can help me except You. The pain is so deep that no one could ever touch it except You.
I can’t bear these things alone, but You never asked me to. You asked me to give them to You. So, I’m asking You to help me, Father.
I don’t know how You can help me, but I know that You can. I don’t see how any of these situations can be fixed, for they never have been fixed before. My life has been full of Your blessing upon blessing, but it has also been full of pain after pain; agony after agony; heartache after heartache; tears upon tears.
But Abba, Father, You are the God of the impossible. So frankly, I’m asking You to do the impossible for me today:
- I’m asking You and Your Holy Spirit to comfort me to the utmost of what You can do–at a level that far exceeds all the comfort You have given me before, and going deeper than I could ever reach.
- I’m asking You to personally take me under Your wing and stick up for me.
- I’m asking You to right all the terrible wrongs that have been done to me, my whole life long–every single last one of them.
- I’m asking You and Your Holy Spirit to intercede for me, advocate for me, and help me.
- I’m asking You to help me lift up my eyes to Jesus, keeping clean hands and a pure heart and looking only to You, even while this pain is the most excruciating emotional pain I’ve ever felt.
- I’m asking You in Jesus’ name to help me and make all things new for me.
- I’m asking You to bless all the people who have hurt and wronged me over the years. Bless them; help them; and forgive their sins. I forgive them too, Father, and I forgave them a long time ago. Bless them and help them wherever they are.
- Deliver me from self-pity and from every wrong thought. Help me to keep my eyes on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of my faith–who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at Your right hand, Father.
And Father, because You truly ARE the God of the impossible, I’m asking You:
- Please plug me into Your Body in the place or places where You want me to be.
- Please connect me with the solid, lasting, mutual covenant friendships and relationships that You want me to have.
- Please open the doors and use me for who You made me to be. Only You can do this, Father.
- Please baptize me in Your love, anew and afresh, and heal my heart from the dreadful pain I am experiencing right now.
- Please give me hope that things can change, for I have been rejected by people all my life, and I don’t truly know anything else, in the long run–from humans, that is.
- Please keep me rooted and grounded in Your Word, knowing that I am accepted in the Beloved–that You love me; You have accepted me, and YOU want me, even when the humans You’ve created don’t.
Father, the most important thing to me is that I should live for You.
Please give me clean hands and a pure heart. Let me not lift my soul up to idols or swear deceitfully. Please help me to lift up my eyes to You, for You are the One who helps me.
Father, I choose right now to give thanks to You. I choose to lift up holy hands and bless Your name. I choose to praise You in the storm, looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of my faith.
I choose YOU, Father. I choose to honor You; to honor Jesus; and to honor Your precious Holy Spirit who lives inside me.
So together with the hosts of Heaven, I say today: Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me; bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits; who forgives all my iniquities and heals ALL my diseases! Blessed are You, God Most High, for You have not given me as prey to their teeth!
Father, I choose to look to You.
I choose You for help and healing. I choose You for comfort. I choose You to guide me, lead me, promote me, bless me, reward me, and rebuke the devourer for my sake. I choose You and acknowledge You and You alone, for You are God of Heaven and earth.
Father, I plead the blood of Jesus:
- I plead the blood of Jesus over my thoughts.
- I plead the blood of Jesus over my emotions and feelings.
- I plead the blood of Jesus over the things I sense and notice.
- I plead the blood of Jesus over my spiritual discernment.
- I plead the blood of Jesus over my attitude and relationships.
- I plead the blood of Jesus over every door that You desire to open for me and over every door You desire to close for me.
- Let every good work that You prepared for me from before the foundation of the world come forth now.
- Let every victory that Jesus purchased for me with His life, death, and resurrection come forth now.
Father, only You can do it–but I thank You that You are alive and hearing me pray. You have tuned Your ear to hear my faintest whisper, and You are lifting me up right now. You are showing Yourself to me as my Glory, and the Lifter of my head.
Thank You, Abba Father. Thank You. I love You, Father. I love You, Jesus. And I love You, Holy Spirit. And I give You all the praise.
In Jesus’ holy and precious name I pray, amen.”
Beloved, if you feel rejected and left out, pray this prayer for when you don’t fit in often. And while you pray, keep looking to Jesus.
Be sure you have taken my free email mini-course about Healing from Rejection so that the enemy has no hook in you to torment you with. And look to God and God alone; He will heal both your heart and your life. He loves you; He has good plans for you; He feels your hurt; and He will help you, heal you, and restore your life.
Did this prayer for when you don’t fit in help you today? If so, please leave a comment below! I’d love to hear from you, and I am praying for you!