Beloved, are you tired of feeling like the devil’s punching bag? If so, it’s time to pray for double recompense. It’s time to ask God, based on His Word and promises, to give you double for your trouble!
If you will ask, He will answer. And below, I’ve written a prayer citing Scripture after Scripture in which God promises to reward you for what you’ve been through.
Pray this prayer for double recompense and DOUBLE for your trouble today:
“Dear Heavenly Father,
I come to You in Jesus’ name.
Father God, thank You for hearing me pray today. Thank You for Your mercies, which are new every day. Thank You for loving me and taking care of me, for I cannot take care of myself. Thank You for watching over me when I am utterly helpless, as I feel this day.
O Heavenly Father, I need You today. Please help me:
- I need You to comfort me and strengthen me.
- I need You to fill me with Your will to live and to go on.
- I need Your help, for You are my ever-present Help in trouble.
Father God, for so long I have felt like life’s punching bag.
Trouble after trouble has overtaken me. You have blessed me over and over throughout my whole life, Father, it’s true; but it seems like the trouble has exceeded the blessings sometimes.
Father, I’m asking You for double reward, double blessing, and double recompense today. I’m asking You to give me double for my trouble TODAY, in Jesus’ name.
Not only that, Father, but I remind You today of how You said in Joel 2:23 that You would pour out both the former rain and the latter rain TOGETHER on me in the first month. Well, Father, I’m not waiting until the first month of the calendar year to ask. Instead, I’m pointing out that this is the first month I have prayed like this, with boldness, asking You for double for ALL my trouble.
And since my trouble has been so great, and troubles have beset me on every side, then Father God I ask You today in the mighty name of Jesus that You would pour out for me DOUBLE–both the latter rain and the former rain together–on me RIGHT NOW.
Father, I’m asking you for the rewards to which I am entitled because of the persecution I’ve endured:
- I ask You for the joy to which I am entitled, for “Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy” (Psalm 126:5).
- I pray in Jesus’ name for the HARVEST to which I am entitled based on Your Word, for I have given and given and given; and although some measure has come back to me, I have not yet seen the “good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over” that You promised would be given into my bosom.
- And Father, I pray in the mighty name of Jesus for the manifestation of Your promise: “Instead of your shame you shall have double honor, and instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion. Therefore in their land they shall possess double; everlasting joy shall be theirs.”
Holy Abba Father, in the name of Your holy Child Jesus, I ask today that You would give me double honor.
I ask that You would restore to me the years the locusts have eaten. I pray that the sons of those who afflicted me shall come bowing to me, and that all those who despised me shall fall prostrate at the soles of my feet; and they shall call me The City of the Lord, Zion of the Holy One of Israel; for this is Your will for me according to Isaiah 60:14.
I call to You today, Lord, and I ask You to answer me, and show me great and mighty things which I do not know (Jeremiah 33:3). I also am calling upon you, and asking You to answer me and be with me in trouble; and that You would deliver me and honor me (Psalm 91:15).
Father, for many years I have been asking You for mighty things.
I believe that now is the time, Lord. Now is the acceptable day of salvation (2 Corinthians 6:2). So I’m asking You to break through and release the GREAT and the MIGHTY things that You have for me:
- Open doors that no man could open and no man can shut.
- Shut doors no man could shut and no man could open.
- Do for me those things that are so big that only You could do them.
- Let miracles, signs, and wonders follow me everywhere I go!
- Let Your harvest, Your goodness, and Your mercy chase me down in the streets, at home, and everywhere I go.
- Work all things out for my good. Give me that double recompense for everything I have endured these many years!
If there is warfare in the spirit realm over my answers to prayer, Father–for I know that there is …
… Then I ask in the mighty name of Jesus that You would dispatch all the angels needed, including Michael the archangel, and even dispatch our mighty King, Jesus Christ Himself, to cut through the warfare and manifest the victories that Jesus purchased for me on the cross, according to Daniel chapter 10.
I ask also that You would destroy and utterly obliterate all enemy attacks against me, my family, and everything that pertains to our lives. I pray in Jesus’ name that You would keep us and guard us, as well as everything that pertains to us; that You would keep us as the apple of Your eye and hide us under the shadow of Your wings (Psalm 17:8).
Father God, in the name of Jesus, I remind You of Your Word in Psalm 5:12: “For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous; with favor You will surround him as with a shield.”
And because Your Word cannot return to You void, then I claim this promise over myself and my family today, as well as over everything that pertains to us:
- Bless us, Father God, I pray in Jesus’ name.
- Surround us with favor as with a shield.
- Do not allow the enemy’s horses or armies or tools or devices to have any influence or inroads into our lives.
- Do not allow the enemy to approach us at all. Be a hedge of protection for me; stand between me and the enemy and all his evil forces.
- Let no weapon formed against us prosper; and for every tongue that rises against us, let us show them to be in the wrong (Isaiah 54:17). In fact, I ask that YOU show them that they are in the wrong, Father, in Jesus’ name.
Lord, Your Word says that You are my sun and shield, and that no good thing will You withhold from those who walk uprightly (Psalm 84:11).
Father God, I ask today in Jesus’ name that You would shine Your light of favor on my life, and on everything that concerns me:
- Bless me indeed, Father God, and enlarge my territory.
- Let Your hand be with me.
- Keep me from evil, that I would not cause pain (1 Chronicles 4:10).
- Bless all the works of my hands.
- Let me lend to many nations, but never borrow.
- Do for me the huge things for which I have been praying for so long.
- Let the sudden success, sudden victory, sudden resources, sudden growth, and sudden, ABUNDANT provision for which You have been preparing me for years burst forth upon me and everything that pertains to me.
I ask You today for Your suddenlies, Father, in Jesus’ name.
You have been strengthening my arms in the fight for many years. Pour out on me the rivers of blessing that You have prepared me to receive today, in Jesus’ name:
- Bless me as You have promised me.
- Bring thousandfold increase (Deuteronomy 1:11); let this little one become a thousand (Isaiah 60:22).
- You have said You would hasten it in its time; so I pray today, Father God, in Jesus’ name, that You would do it today, for I believe it is Your time according to Your Word.
Thank You, Heavenly Father. I believe You and Your Word, for You are not a man that You should lie.
You have spoken, and You will not repent. Help me to rest in You today, and simply receive from You while I rest.
Thank You for loving me and hearing me pray. Thank You in advance for saying “YES” to all these things for which I have asked today, for I have prayed Your Word back to You, and forever O Lord Your Word is settled in Heaven.
Thank You, Abba Father. In Jesus’ mighty and matchless and eternal name I pray, amen and AMEN.”
Did this prayer for double recompense and DOUBLE for your trouble sum up the desires of your heart today? If so, leave a comment below!