Do you find it hard to remember who you are in Christ? Do the cares of this world and your own occasional sins sometimes lead you to forget about your royal, supernatural identity in Christ Jesus?
If so, I have a free resource for you today that will help you get back on track and never get off track again. It’s a list of 80 confessions of your royal, supernatural identity in Christ.
When you gave your life to Christ, you became a completely new creature. Did you know that? It’s true–and it’s good news.
The Bible says:
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17).
When you gave your life to Jesus, you became a new person–a ROYAL PERSON.
1 Peter 2:9-10 describes your new identity in Christ this way:
“But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy” (1 Peter 2:9-10).
Beloved, by giving your life to Jesus Christ, you became brand-new. You became a child of God–and that MEANS something.
Becoming a child of God makes you brand new. When you gave your life to Jesus, you actually truly did, in literal reality, give your LIFE to Jesus; the old “you” died and you received His new life into yourself in return. You suddenly become hidden in Christ.
Now, the person living inside of you is not you at all–but Christ.
Galatians 2:20 says it this way:
“I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me” (Galatians 2:20).
Beloved, that’s why YOU are the righteousness of God in Christ.
When God looks at you, He sees Jesus who is alive in You. He sees the righteousness of Jesus and attributes it to you, for Jesus is the only One alive in you. Your life is completely hidden with Christ in God. And that is how we know that you are the righteousness of God in Christ, as it says in 2 Corinthians 5:21:
“For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).
Everything you see was created by the spoken word.
So if you have nothing except the ability to speak, you can still create anything you want. You can be like God and speak those things that are not as if they already were (Romans 4:17)!
To help you, Jamie wrote a book of hundreds of Biblical confessions for you—especially in the area of your finances. It called Speak Life Volume 1: Chart Your Course With Your Words, and it’s our most popular book ever! Get your copy today and begin speaking LIFE over those things that concern you!
But you have to train yourself to remember who you are in Christ:
- You have to study God’s Word to learn who you are in Christ, and to train yourself to remember who you are.
- When things come against you and you sin, you have to remember that your identity–your “YOU”–is RIGHTEOUS, and that your “DO” is learning to line up with who you are.
- You have to remember that, if you confess your sins, God is faithful and just to forgive you your sins, and to cleanse you again from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).
- And you have to remember that you are progressively becoming more like Jesus every day.
As you learn who you are in Christ, you learn to manifest your identity in Christ every day through your actions, words, thoughts, and activities.
This is a PROCESS; becoming like Jesus in all your activities of daily life is a process. And as you move through this process, it helps to speak the Word of God out of your mouth.
Speaking God’s Word out of your mouth reminds you who you are.
Speaking God’s Word about your identity in Christ teaches you who you are; convicts you about who you are; and helps you manifest the righteousness of Christ in all your activities of daily living.
Recently, as I was studying the book of 1 John, it struck me how MUCH of that book is about your perfect, supernatural identity in Christ.
As I studied that short book (only 5 chapters!), I underlined statement after statement about your perfect identity in Christ. By the time I got to the end of the book, I knew I had to get these Biblical confessions about your identity in Christ to you.
So, below is a list of 80 confessions of your supernatural identity in Christ.
These are for you to study into and speak out verbally. I encourage you to download the free printable of these confessions below. (Just sign up in the box below, and I’ll send the PDF straight to your email inbox.) Then, speak these confessions about your identity in Christ often–OUT LOUD.
Your feelings will follow your words, and your words will be the truth of God’s Word. You will begin to KNOW who you are in Christ at a whole new level if you will speak these Scriptural confessions of your identity in Christ over yourself!
Here are 80 confessions of your supernatural identity in Christ:
1. God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all. I walk in the light as He is in the light, and I have fellowship with others; and the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses me from all sin. (See 1 John 1:5-7.)
2. If I confess my sin, God is faithful and just to forgive me my sin, and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness. (See 1 John 1:9.)
4. I know that I know God, for I keep His commandments. (See 1 John 2:3.)
5. I keep God’s Word, and truly the love of God is perfected in me. By this I know that I am in Him. (See 1 John 2:5.)
6. I abide in Jesus and I walk just as He walked. (See 1 John 2:6.)
7. The darkness has passed away, and the true light of Christ is shining in my life. (See 1 John 2:8.)
8. I love my brother and I abide in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in me. (See 1 John 2:10.)
9. My sins are forgiven me for Jesus’ name’s sake. (See 1 John 2:12.)
10. I have known Jesus who is from the beginning. (See 1 John 2:13.)
11. In Christ, I have overcome the wicked one. (See 1 John 2:13.)
12. Because I am in Jesus, I know the Father. (See 1 John 2:13.)
13. I am strong, and the Word of God abides in me, and I have overcome the wicked one. (See 1 John 2:14.)
14. I do not love the world or the things in the world. (See 1 John 2:15.)
15. The world and its lust are passing away, but I do the will of God and I abide forever. (See 1 John 2:17.)
16. The people who have left me were not part of me; for if they had been part of me, they would have continued with me. They went out that they might be made known that they were not part of my life. (See 1 John 2:19.)
17. I have an anointing from the Holy One, and I know all things. (See 1 John 2:20.)
18. I know the truth, and I know that no lie is of the truth. I search the Scriptures for the truth, and I judge and measure all things against the Word of God, clearly discerning the truth in all things. (See 1 John 2:21; Isaiah 8:20.)
19. I acknowledge the Son, and I have the Father also. (See 1 John 2:23.)
20. I let God’s Word abide in me which I heard from the beginning, and so I abide in the Son and in the Father. (See 1 John 2:24.)
21. This is the promise He has promised me: eternal life. (See 1 John 2:25.)
22. The anointing which I have received from Jesus abides in me, and I do not need that anyone teach me; but as the same anointing teaches me concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught me, I abide in Jesus. (See 1 John 2:27.)
23. I abide in Jesus like a little child, that when He appears, I may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming. (See 1 John 2:28.)
24. I know that Jesus is righteous, and everyone who practices righteousness, including me, is born of Him. I practice righteousness and I am born of Jesus. (See 1 John 2:29.)
25. I behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on me, that I should be called a child of God. (See 1 John 3:1.)
26. I am a child of God, and it has not yet been revealed what I shall be; but I know that, when He is revealed, I shall be like Him, for I shall see Him as He is. And since I have this hope, I purify myself, just as He is pure. (See 1 John 3:2-3.)
27. Jesus was manifested to take away my sins, and in Him there is no sin. (See 1 John 3:5.)
28. I abide in Jesus and I do not sin. (See 1 John 3:6.)
29. I let no one deceive me. (See 1 John 3:7.)
30. I practice righteousness and I am righteous, just as Jesus is righteous. (See 1 John 3:7.)
31. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested to me, that He might destroy the works of the devil in my life and in the world through me. (See 1 John 3:8.)
32. I am born of God and I do not sin, for God’s seed remains in me; and I cannot sin, because I have been born of God. (See 1 John 3:9.)
33. I love other people. I know that I have passed from death to life, because I love the brethren. (See 1 John 3:11; 1 John 3:14.)
34. I do not marvel if the world hates me. (See 1 John 3:13.)
35. By this I know love, because Jesus laid down His life for me. And so I also give myself for the brethren. (See 1 John 3:16.)
36. When I have this world’s goods and see my brother in need, I do not shut up my heart from him, for the love of God abides in me. (See 1 John 3:17.)
37. I do not love merely in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. By this I know that I am of the truth, and I shall assure my heart before Him. (See 1 John 3:18-19.)
38. My heart does not condemn me, for I have confidence toward God. And if for some reason my heart does condemn me, even though it shouldn’t, God is greater than my heart, and He knows all things. He knows that I am not condemned, and He helps me to know it too. He gives me confidence toward Himself. (See 1 John 3:20-21.)
Want to learn more about what Jesus purchased for you with His precious blood?
In Crimson Flood: How to Plead the Crucifixion of Jesus in Legal Prayer, Jamie teaches you how to present the blood of Jesus to God as your evidence for why you should receive ALL of His manifest promises.
God answers some prayers faster, and more miraculously, than others. Learn how to pray through all aspects of Christ’s passion in legal prayer, and watch God do great and mighty things on your behalf!
39. I receive whatever I ask from God, because I keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. (See 1 John 3:22.)
40. I believe on the name of God’s Son, Jesus Christ, and I love others, as He gave us commandment. (See 1 John 3:23.)
41. I keep Jesus’ commandments and I abide in Him, and He abides in me. And by this I know that He abides in me, by the Spirit whom He has given me. (See 1 John 3:24.)
42. I do not believe every spirit, but I test the spirits; and I only believe the ones that confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh–for they are the only spirits that are from God. (See 1 John 4:1-3.)
43. I am of God, and I have overcome them, because He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world. (See 1 John 4:4.)
44. I know God, so I hear His Word, for I always operate in the spirit of truth. (See 1 John 4:6.)
45. I love other people, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. (See 1 John 4:7.)
46. In this the love of God was manifested toward me, that God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that I might live through Him. (See 1 John 4:9.)
47. In this is love, not that I loved God, but that He loved me and sent His Son to be His own holy sin offering that He required to atone for my sins. (See 1 John 4:10.)
48. Because God so loved me, I also ought to love others. (See 1 John 4:11.)
49. I love others, and God abides in me, and His love has been perfected in me. (See 1 John 4:12.)
50. By this I know that I abide in Him, and He in me, because He has given me His Spirit. (See 1 John 4:13.)
51. I have seen and testify that the Father has sent His Son as Savior of the world. (See 1 John 4:14.)
52. I confess that Jesus is the Son of God, and God abides in me, and I in God. (See 1 John 4:15.)
53. I have known and believed the love that God has for me. (See 1 John 4:16.)
54. God is love, and I abide in love, so I abide in God, and God abides in me. (See 1 John 4:16.)
55. Love has been perfected in me, that I may have boldness in the day of judgment. (See 1 John 4:17.)
56. As Jesus is, so am I in this world. (See 1 John 4:17.)
57. There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. I have been made perfect in love, and I do not fear. (See 1 John 4:18.)
58. I love God because He first loved me. (See 1 John 4:19.)
59. I love God and I love my brothers and sisters also. (See 1 John 4:21.)
60. I believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Anointed One; and I am born of God. (See 1 John 5:1.)
61. Because I love God the Father, I also love Jesus and all my brothers and sisters in Christ, who are also born of God the Father. (See 1 John 5:1.)
62. By this I know that I love the children of God: when I love God and keep His commandments. (See 1 John 5:2.)
63. God’s commandments are not burdensome. They are not hard, mysterious, or far off. Obeying God’s commands is easy for me, for I have Holy Spirit in me, who helps me (See 1 John 5:3; Deuteronomy 30:11.)
64. I am born of God and I overcome the world. (See 1 John 5:4.)
65. This is the victory that has overcome the world: my faith. (See 1 John 5:4.)
Related: As You Go, Miracles Happen
66. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and I overcome the world. (See 1 John 5:5.)
67. I receive the witness of God, which He has testified of His Son Jesus. (See 1 John 5:9.)
68. I believe in the Son of God, and I have the witness of God in myself. (See 1 John 5:10.)
69. This is the testimony that God has given me about His Son: that God has given me eternal life, and this life is in His Son. (See 1 John 5:11.)
70. He who does not have the Son of God does not have life, but I have the Son of God by grace through faith, and I have life. (See 1 John 5:12; Ephesians 2:8.)
71. I study God’s Word, for I believe in the name of the Son of God. God’s Word helps me know that I have eternal life, and it helps me continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. (See 1 John 5:13.)
72. Now this is the confidence that I have in Him, that if I ask anything according to His will, He hears me. And if I know that He hears me, whatever I ask, I know that I have the petitions that I have asked of Him. (See 1 John 5:14-15.)
73. If I see a brother sin a sin which is not unto death, I ask God, and God gives life for those who commit sin not leading to death. (See 1 John 5:16.)
74. I am born of God, and I do not sin. (See 1 John 5:18.)
75. I am born of God, and I keep myself, and the wicked one does not touch me. (See 1 John 5:18.)
76. I know that I am of God, even though the rest of the world lies under the sway of the wicked one. I AM OF GOD. (See 1 John 5:19.)
77. I know that the Son of God has come, and has given me an understanding, that I may know God who is true. (See 1 John 5:20.)
78. I am in God who is true, and in His Son Jesus Christ. (See 1 John 5:20.)
79. I abide in the true God and eternal life. No man can snatch me out of His hand. (See 1 John 5:20; John 10:28-29.)
80. I keep myself from idols and worship God alone, and Him only do I serve. (See 1 John 5:21; Luke 4:8.)
Beloved, these 80 confessions of your supernatural identity in Christ are straight from God’s Word.
As it says in Hebrews 4:12, the Word of God is “living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” This means that, as you speak this Word of God over yourself:
- The Word runs deep into your heart, body, soul, and spirit.
- It performs Holy-Spirit-activated surgery on you.
- It cuts out those things in your heart, mind, thoughts, attitudes, and behaviors that are not of God.
- It replaces those things with God’s own thoughts and truth about who you are.
God’s Word forms His purposes in you and helps conform you to the image of Christ. I pray that these 80 confessions about your identity in Christ are a blessing to you, and I pray you will speak them out loud out of your mouth often.
Did this material help you understand who you are in Christ today? Did you sense the Lord touching your heart as you spoke His Word out loud over yourself? Leave a comment below; I love hearing from you!